The Diary of Jack Flyer

flyerme

Can I ask who the self publishing company is?

Hardshell publishing

Why not publish the book yourself, sell the rights to yourself and produce and direct a movie, and then produce a musical.You could employ yourself to write, play and conduct your own music.Strewth......you could earn a small fortune and keep it all to yourself. No need to outsource for any of the actors musicians or pilots.

Can I be your agent or do you have that covered as well?

you forgot ,and play lead roll:gleam: Oops. My bad you covered that too..

• Like 1

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard

Tim on the suggested front cover..the lightening bolt appears to be striking the nose of the Neuport and covering it...could you put the lightening bolt behind th plane so that the whole plane is visible and the bolt behind it in the distance ?.......Cheers C1 Albatros

Guest Maj Millard
I'll keep trying and let me know which one catches your eye?[ATTACH=full]33656[/ATTACH]

Well that one is better for sure...highlights the Neuport better.........yes I really like that one.

Guest Maj Millard
Love it ,,, 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif:popcorn:And a t shirt oh wait the musical:punk:

Jack Flyer the musical.....love it....music by Jack Flyer himself !......how could it possibly fail ??....

Guest Maj Millard
Book, movie. Don't forget the T shirt.

Great idea....I have made some suggestions to Tim this morning about T- shirts.

One of the best Tshirts I ever saw was after the inflight hijacking and escape by parachute of the legendary 'DB Cooper ' in California after exiting down the rear steps of a Boeing 727 to disappear into legend at night with a handsome cash ransom in hand. He was never apprehended.

A Tshirt getting around the drop zones in the late 70s read.....'.DB Cooper school of parachuting and skydiving' and featured a guy in Freefall with wads of cash in each hand and a 727 disappearing in the background with the rear stair deployed.

Airlines after that saw to it the the rear stairs could not be deployed in flight on 727s which at the time was a very common aircraft.

Whilst enjoying drinks one night in the bar at the Pope Valley parachute centre in Northern California, we were all entertained by two suited FBI officials who entered the bar flashing a photo of DB and asking if anyone had seen this man ?!.....they still wanted him. They both ended up joining the assembled jumpers for a few stiff drinks as I recall. Rumor amoungst those in the know at the time was he was a local ex- army jumper from the San Francisco Bay Area. Further rumor ( unconfirmed) is that he became a well known base jumper who was killed performing a BASE jump a few years back in California.

Lots of rumors as to who DB was or is. Still a great topic on DZ.com forums. Would have loved to have participated in the 727 jumps they had years ago in the US. What a blast that would have been running out the back of a jet then receiving your official DB Cooper jump certificate.

Still active on the FBI's most wanted list.

Guest Maj Millard
Lots of rumors as to who DB was or is. Still a great topic on DZ.com forums. Would have loved to have participated in the 727 jumps they had years ago in the US. What a blast that would have been running out the back of a jet then receiving your official DB Cooper jump certificate.Still active on the FBI's most wanted list.

I believe I met the man in Oakland CA one time, quite a friendly chap who worked in the construction industry, ex military, in fact he gave me his card which I still have somewhere. He was a longtime skydiver from the area and well known to many. He made no mention of DB of course, and I noticed he was well known for some notable first BASE jumps in the NY area. I also noticed his name on the BASE jump fatality listing a coupe of years back.

I almost think the cover should show one of the rag n tube models... i dunno... the Nieuport seems to me the non-flying public might associate that look with more of a hot-shot ace barnstorming type. whichever one is in that grainy picture on the bottom, if you have a similar side view of that one, that'd be my vote!

• Informative 1
  • Caution 1

I almost think the cover should show one of the rag n tube models... i dunno... the Nieuport seems to me the non-flying public might associate that look with more of a hot-shot ace barnstorming type. whichever one is in that grainy picture on the bottom, if you have a similar side view of that one, that'd be my vote!

Thanks for taking the time.026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif Give me a couple days .. Stay tuned:whisper:

• Winner 1

YESSS! love it! That's what i had pictured in my mind when i first started reading it way back when... that nails it (for me).

edit - oops, looks like you posted another one at the exact same time as i posted this. let me look at the other one now...

My opinion! I think the last one( nieuport lightning) catches your eye more if walking past.. However the new one ( trusty thrusty) less eye catching from at a glance but is neater and more relevant to the majority .

I sit I pad in full screen on book shelf with other bright books to see what catches my eye as I walk past (my theory any way lol)

Thank you so much for your respected opinions