Bob Hoover interviews at Airventure 2012...must see view of this legend

Kyle Communications

For those that have seen these before I am sure you will enjoy it to see them again and for those that don't know of Bob Hoover then do some surfing and see what a incredible life this man has had. They say it was a toss of the coin as to whether it was him or Chuck Yaeger that first broke the speed of sound

I saw Bob Hover fly at Archerfield back in the 90's and spoke with him also have it all on video here somewhere it was a highlight of mine to meet him and get his autograph which I did and even at 80 odd years old he was a special person with all of his faculties including his amazing flying at that age. His energy saving airshow in the shrike commander is a sight to behold in real life I will never forget it.

This series of videos done at Airventure this year is a insight into a very special pilot and just a nice guy. Watch them all when you have the time they go through his early life and what he did during the war

• Like 1

Hi Dazza

It was just incredible to watch I remember just being in awe of what he was doing especially at his age even then. When he did the roll to the stop that was pretty much directly in front of us when he came out into the crowd I was there like a shot to get his autograph and speak to him but I do have to admit I was very star struck...even at my age in my 30's then I was like a teenager at a popstars concert....bloody terrible for a grown man but he was a hero of mine

Actually I am all fired up I will see if I can find that video and transfer it to the computer and post it.....who knows you may see yourself there 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif The only issue is I have no idea where it would be but will start pulling boxes out and checking the tapes

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes

Saw him at Avalon on 95, he was amazing even at 73, would love to have seen him in his prime!012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

A real pilots, pilot as they say!

At the time USA cancelled his USA CPL so he did an Aust Cpl in Tasy and a low level aero endorsement in Brisy before doing any air show performances.

A friend of mine was the CASA examiner at the time and told me that (at least at that stage) LOW LEVEL endorsements could be observed from the ground or from the right hand seat ,examiner's choise. His words to me was that there was the opportunity to do aeros Bob was not a choise for him and although he signed Bob off for low level aeros he stated it was a pleasure and pride to ride with such a professional - USA later gave him back his licence.

To do an Australian VFR CPL in a Aerocommader in Tasy at that time would have involved a lot of turns if the laid down requirements were met - which I am sure they were!