RAAus General Meeting Called

Guest airsick

A flying school owner is partially to blame for all this, it just pisses me of to think he would get priority while the rest go to the end of the line.

So when your BFR is due and you can't find a instructor cause he went broke, are you going to winge about having a registered aircraft and not allowed to fly it? After all it's not your fault he went broke!

• Like 1

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that the lessons in respect of "communication with members" have still not been learned by the current mangement team who have adopted a "Custers Last Stand" mentality... Maybe I will take up "Senior Marbles" as we dont seem to be going an ywhere at present...........B

So when your BFR is due and you can't find a instructor cause he went broke, are you going to winge about having a registered aircraft and not allowed to fly it? After all it's not your fault he went broke!

I didn't realise the problem was so big!! All the instructors are going to go broke?? No i wont winge, I'll probably sit back and wonder how i brought down the

Raa organisation by asking a question and expressing my point of view on this forum, after all it it probably is my fault!!!

• Like 1

Not your fault as an individual Brian....but collectively the organisation and it's members if it doesn't protect the industry that keeps it going. Sharing an opinion and disagreeing is fine, as long as people are prepared to listen as well as disagree. Not saying that you haven't, but as I'm sure you know too, there are so many that just won't hear anything that they disagree with.

Shane

• Like 2

Not your fault as an individual Brian....but collectively the organisation and it's members if it doesn't protect the industry that keeps it going. Sharing an opinion and disagreeing is fine, as long as people are prepared to listen as well as disagree. Not saying that you haven't, but as I'm sure you know too, there are so many that just won't hear anything that they disagree with.Shane

Shane, I hear what you are saying, my original question was on 1 point in a list of many, the rest i totally agree with, i am giving my proxy for the feb meeting to a person to vote as he sees fit on all matters. I just dont want to see ordinary members rights being second to commercial interests, thats just my opinion.

Brian.

• Like 1

I didn't realise the problem was so big!! All the instructors are going to go broke?? No i wont winge, I'll probably sit back and wonder how i brought down theRaa organisation by asking a question and expressing my point of view on this forum, after all it it probably is my fault!!!

You might not like your local flying school and want them to fail, but I and every pilot I know are more than happy for the Flying Schools to have priority in getting there rego's done.

My aircraft rego expired yesterday, and if It has to stay ground a bit longer to help keep people employed and receiving a income so be it.

Kiwi.

• Like 6

You might not like your local flying school and want them to fail, but I and every pilot I know are more than happy for the Flying Schools to have priority in getting there rego's done.

My aircraft rego expired yesterday, and if It has to stay ground a bit longer to help keep people employed and receiving a income so be it.

Kiwi.

Kiwi, i dont want anyone to fail, i just think all registrations should be dealt with as they fall due. you may have been grounded yesterday, let me know

if your opinion has changed if you are still grounded in 2 months.

• Like 2

Kiwi, i dont want anyone to fail, i just think all registrations should be dealt with as they fall due. you may have been grounded yesterday, let me knowif your opinion has changed if you are still grounded in 2 months.

We have club members that have been grounded for two months. They fully support the priority given to the flying schools. The flying schools didn't cause this. The incompetent Executive and CEO caused this.

So your opinion is that your hobby is more important than your friends jobs?

Kiwi.

Take it easy chaps - Brian didn't suggest that he wanted the flying schools to fail. One member is no more important than the other, whether one runs a flight school or just flying minimum hours to keep current. The problem is that commercial ops really don't fit within the classic organisational model. Flight schools need to have priority for a number of reasons, but that doesn't sit well for individuals either.

The whole problem highlights the fact that RA-Aus hasn't done particularly well lately for it's members, or for the industry that supports it's existence. Therefore, something needs to change and by all accounts, change is happening. Hopefully change for the better at the end of the day.

• Like 1

We have club members that have been grounded for two months. They fully support the priority given to the flying schools. The flying schools didn't cause this. The incompetent Executive and CEO caused this.So your opinion is that your hobby is more important than your friends jobs?

Kiwi.

No the flying schools didn't cause this, neither did the members with grounded aircraft, neither did importers or manufacturers, so do you really want

to go to the end of the line, being a fully paid up member of raa.? I hope your local flying school appreciates you and your fellow club members support, perhaps the will show their appreciation

by giving you all a free flight occasionally while you are still waiting.

• Like 1

I think a case could be made. You can't renew without them. They have their house on the line in most cases, and have multiple planes. I doubt they are making a lot of money in the best of times. YOUR plane on the ground doesn't stop your income. Nev

I think a case could be made. You can't renew without them. They have their house on the line in most cases, and have multiple planes. I doubt they are making a lot of money in the best of times. YOUR plane on the ground doesn't stop your income. Nev

I am not trying to make an us and them case, all i am saying is that in my opinion all registrations should be dealt with when they fall due. If you wish to

put in place that if this sort of thing ever happens again, flying schools, importers and manufacturers should take priority, Lets put it to a vote of the

members, i will be happy to go along with the decision, but for now i will just stick to my opinion.

• Like 2

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I have put some valid reasons why a priority COULD be considered.

Having a vote as you suggest, IF self interest dominated the issue, there are many more ordinary members than flying schools and importers, so the vote might easily go against my case.

One would hope this current situation is a one off, and the normal process is to renew when due. It would hardly be in members interests to have ordered planes not coming and flying schools going out backwards. Nev

• Like 1

No the flying schools didn't cause this, neither did the members with grounded aircraft, neither did importers or manufacturers, so do you really wantto go to the end of the line, being a fully paid up member of raa.? I hope your local flying school appreciates you and your fellow club members support, perhaps the will show their appreciation

by giving you all a free flight occasionally while you are still waiting.

I am at the bottom of the list. To quote one Board Member "This is the S**t stirrer from Boonah" (I know you were only joking Mike)

Ian "Groogy" McGregor wont accept money for BFR"s as it is. And all I do for him is mow some of the common areas for him.

So yes let them go first.

• Like 2

Kiwi i think i understand why you are so passionate about flying schools.. is that a picture of your instructor you are embracing in your avatar?ONLY JOKING!!!

That's my ride on mower.

Kiwi.

• Like 7

Chortle - ride on mower.

Best come-back ever.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I was grounded for nearly 2 months and had no problem at all with schools and importers getting priority. It's not like there's hundreds of them. Doesn't delay the rest by much at all and keeps them in business (and the lawsuits down).

I don't even understand the argument against it.

Things seemed to be settling down with this argument, so I thought blow the dust up again.075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

Kiwi, i dont want anyone to fail, i just think all registrations should be dealt with as they fall due. you may have been grounded yesterday, let me knowif your opinion has changed if you are still grounded in 2 months.

Whether or not I'm grounded for one two or three months I still want the flying schools to get preferential treatment. Just because I'm unhappy about how I'm dealt with doesn't mean my fundamental belief in fairness and decency goes out the window.

We can't even agree here on what should happenCan't wait for the AGM to see who stands and then who is elected. That will be the true measure of support or otherwise of individuals ideas.

Frank

Will you be at the general meeting, Frank?

The AGM is another kettle of fish. First we need to hear from our elected representatives, especially the Executive, so we can gauge for ourselves how well each and everyone of them has performed. The GM is their opportunity to do that and to re-engage with a clearly disillusioned segment of the membership. This is their chance to explain and defend...the concept of procedural fairness at work.

The AGM is when the membership gets to make up its mind after having heard and considered those responses.

kaz

• Like 1

Whether or not I'm grounded for one two or three months I still want the flying schools to get preferential treatment. Just because I'm unhappy about how I'm dealt with doesn't mean my fundamental belief in fairness and decency goes out the window.

I dont think my fundamental belief in fairness and decency has gone out the window, a bit over the top with that statement... i have a different view than you,

you cant see my point, fair enough, leave it at that.

• Like 1