Registration Numbers

asic46

Thankfully it looks like normal service has been resumed (or nearly resumed) on the registration front, and the hysterical accusations and name calling has been shown to be "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" Which is good thing, because it means that I will be able to register my Thruster when it arrives at christmas. I was assigned my registration number today by Caitlin - 28-8249 ! I am going to give this number to the sign writer, and I was wondering if anybody can give me some advice as to the materials I should specify, for a fabric wing

Thanks

• Caution 1

Thankfully it looks like normal service has been resumed (or nearly resumed) on the registration front, and the hysterical accusations and name calling has been shown to be "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" Which is good thing, because it means that I will be able to register my Thruster when it arrives at christmas. I was assigned my registration number today by Caitlin - 28-8249 ! I am going to give this number to the sign writer, and I was wondering if anybody can give me some advice as to the materials I should specify, for a fabric wingThanks

Well no, your aircraft is a new registration.Not a renewal. So normal service has not resumed.The problem ATM is aircraft renewals cannot go through until every single item that was supposed to have been checked off when the aircraft was first registered is checked off now. That is time consuming & that is why there is a massive backlog building regardless of the spiel coming from the RAA web site.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, assigning a registration number does not mean the aircraft is registered, it's just a number. When you go to complete the registration process is when things will take time. One would hope that being a well known aircraft like a Thruster the risk of the Rego not going through easily should be low however you are dependent on the current backlog.

I apologise without reservation to the site members and to Asic for my previous comment. It was late at night and I had read over the past week the pages and pages of evidence of RAAus failures. Please don't take my previous comment as an insult to our members.Kind regards,Don .

Thankfully it looks like normal service has been resumed (or nearly resumed) on the registration front, and the hysterical accusations and name calling has been shown to be "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" Which is good thing, because it means that I will be able to register my Thruster when it arrives at christmas. I was assigned my registration number today by Caitlin - 28-8249 ! I am going to give this number to the sign writer, and I was wondering if anybody can give me some advice as to the materials I should specify, for a fabric wingThanks

Your quote would be pretty amusing in another time and place, asic46. The fact that one of our courteous staff issued you a rego number does not take away from the fact that the organisation is not functioning as required, on a number of fronts. Your attempt to denigrate concerned and motivated members who are engaged in serious attempts to achieve real reforms and improvements is, I reckon, misguided at best.

"The rot starts from the top" as applied to our organisation, means that it is reasonable for concerned members to apply enquiring and forthright scrutiny to those holding the key positions.

It is easy to be "fat, dumb and happy" as a member........until the day you, the individual, strike an issue with headquarters. Might be an idea to dot the "i"s and cross the "T"s with that Thruster.022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

• Like 4

The original post

Thankfully it looks like normal service has been resumed (or nearly resumed) on the registration front, .......

Unfortunately Asic46, that is a perfect example of how RAA has got into the situation it is now in.

The attitude "my rego's gone through, so obviously everything in the garden's rosy" while completely natural, is a sign of the apathy that allows a small group to take over and run an organisation by their own standards. It appears from recent developments however, that those standards were not up to the mark.

• Like 6

Interesting that the rego is 28-

Back in the day, they were 25-

But I thought both 25- and 28- were no longer used for new registrations.

Anyone know why a newly registered aircraft would not be 24- for factory built or 19- for amateur built? Or more to the point, why 28- ? I thought 28- had been superceded.

dodo

asic46: I will answer the question that the others seem to have missed. Vinyl sign tape will stick to a fabric wing, but it is not as pliable as the fabric of the wing. My own preference for my rego numbers is stuff called insignia cloth. It is sticky backed Dacron type fabric and comes in numerous colours.

It is available from most sail makers and can be used in the sign writer's cutting machine. The sign writer will have to set his stylus pressure up a bit and he will probably wear out at least one blade cutting the stuff, but you will get good results. The stuff sticks like sh*t to bunny fur.

• 2 weeks later...
a tale [/size]told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

I think you need to read the following threads.

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/raaus-fails-casa-audit-again.50744/page-57 Post 1126

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/are-you-still-grounded.53138/ post #9, #14

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/how-do-you-get-ra-aus-board-members-to-respond.52981/page-4

The office lied to you. This is a "quote" from a current board member (even he is kept in the dark.)

"I have some more information.

Apparently the office stopped sending out renewals when our authority was removed. That means there is a large backlog, and a real risk for those who don't check their expiry date of flying illegally."

(From http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/raaus-fails-casa-audit-again.50744/page-57 post 1126)

Kiwi. Idiot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quote "the hysterical accusations and name calling has been shown to be "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing""

I take your comment as an insult and recommend you get informed before insulting those around you on a public forum who have been very patient, many have suffered from the current situation and are not interested in uninformed people who have plenty to say of no substance.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Has the Thruster arrived? What model and from where? And did the rego go through OK?

dodo

Asic46 we have done our reistration numbers twice now on fabric (twice because we changed the colour of the numbers & decals. We went to sign-a-rama & they did the numbers in vinyl, we have had no trouble with them.

So, are renewals of registrations proceeding apace now? Are there still people unable to fly?I am a little concerned, as my rego runs out in JUNE (yeah I know), but its better to be prepared early I reckon.

Horsefeathers

My rego ran out on the 21st December. Everything in my File had been updated and was ready for the CASA rep to give the nod since the 21st December but this has still not happened.

I have been told that my file is in the pile waiting to be approved but i can't be given a timeframe as to when this will happen as there is still alot of files for him to go through before mine.

So Asic 46, things are not back to normal and will not be for a while yet.

Another grounded unhappy member

JabSP6

• Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has you registration been processed yet ?

I paid online and emailed all of the photos they may need over two weeks ago, but my rego still has not been processed, and it expired on Friday.

Your quote "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" seams to be a more accurate description of our current Executive and former CEO.

And the first part of your quote ("a tale told by an idiot") Is a very accurate description of the email that Gavin Thobaven and Myles Breitkreutzare trying to circulate. Their names definitely need to be added to the "incompetent" list.

Kiwi Idiot.

Yet another grounded unhappy member

• Winner 1