Video: XW Circuits at Bankstown.mov

ayavner

nothing like a few hrs of decent crosswind circuits to keep your hand skills up.. good to see the Jabs and other aircraft out long after the sausage factory schools call it a day when winds get to 10 kts.

actually, was that video taken last saturday? i was returning in the Savannah and heard that runway right was now available again....

dont worry about the tyre, i have closed a runway at bankstown when a tyre decided to remove itself from a rim not long after touchdown, sadly we couldnt taxi clear of the runway though, quite embarrassing.

I have quite a few hrs in the right hand seat of 7295, how is 4868 going? loved flying that, untill its wheel decided i needed a break mid runway.

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see a notification!

@shu77 - Yes, and this is my 2nd flat on her! Last time it was left main, also when exiting runway. I'm going for a record! :-P

@ultralights - Yes, it was last Saturday. I heard the call you are referring to, and it was me on the runway but I was just cleaning up flaps and taking off again - I think tower was replying to someone who impatiently called for clearance a second time. "There WAS an aircraft on the runway, but you're clear to land now" I think it went. We went round a few more times after that, if that's the call?

I haven't flown 4868 since early this year... i started my training in it, but it had an issue with corrosion in the wing I heard so that needed to be dealt with (which took forever) so I kept going in the Jab rather than wait. After that, Brett feels like I'll be a better pilot if I keep going in the Jab and I have to agree - takes alot more work!

4868 is for sale though, $55K they're asking... so's the LSA55, but I haven't flown that one - $29K obo i think...