How do you get RA-Aus board members to respond?

sain

... Its pretty clear to me that the RA-Aus membership has a significant proportion of people in its makeup who would fall into the Quinquagenarian, Sexagenarian and Septuagenarian categories....

Well, you can forget about any Sexy geriatrics where I'm concerned! Don't know what those other things are...

ka z

Nearly forgot my name:gaah:

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing they are still getting it wrong. Blind leading blind here or what?

Well they are going to get me on the warning stickers. I have no 'panel' to stick them on so i stuck them on my tool box. That's if they ever get around to emailing me to let me know that i ran out of rego 3 weeks ago.

Amazing they are still getting it wrong. Blind leading blind here or what?Well they are going to get me on the warning stickers. I have no 'panel' to stick them on so i stuck them on my tool box. That's if they ever get around to emailing me to let me know that i ran out of rego 3 weeks ago.

I hope you mean the aircrafts "Tool box"

Kiwi

That email complaint must have been replicated dozens of times - or hundreds of times.

I find it very difficult to understand the approach of the board. I am pretty sure that they are well meaning, and those I have met (only a couple) are hard working. I believe that goes double for both the secretary and president.

But they believe the current level of information provided to members is satisfactory, which I can't understand. I know they must have been told often, by enough people.

I suppose my point is that I would rather change some of the policies and practices of some board members, rather than change the composition of the board.

But it looks impossible.

dodo

• Like 2

You are right Steve, it is not required for 95-10 because they are all limited to 300 kgs

I think that is not quite correct. Some 95-10 have a different MTOW (eg the Tyro is generally 280kg). In that case, you should have an MTOW sticker. And that is where the confusion came in, I suspect. At first it was everything should have a sticker, then 95-10 didn't need it, now some 95-10 do need it...but as builder, you are the final authority, so if you tell RA that your MTOW is a number up to 300kg, that is the MTOW, and therefore, what should be on the sticker (but if it's 300kg, then that is assumed and no sticker required!)

dodo

EDIT - you can change the MTOW only if you are the builder (ownership irrelevant)

• Like 1

oz....the $75/hour consultant would realise your dilemma and instruct the staff accordingly....and....by standing at the left wingtip of your flying machine u will be able to observe your rego card and expiry date...taz.gif.c750d78125a77f219b0619b1f23e3e90.gif

They said i had to stick it on the window but it don't have one so i put it in the top draw of the tool box.

Anyone else got their magazine yet? There is a letter from the secretary regarding the General Meeting in which he seems to dismiss the first two purposes of the general meeting. The groundings are "brought about by mistakes being made over a very longer period of time" according to the secretary. Paul Middleton has been there in one capacity or another for a very long time (around 20 years from memory) so I do not see how blaming someone else in the past is creditable.

• Like 2

The original failure of the CASA audit, may have been due to years-old mistakes, but the subsequent repeated audit failures are the fault of the executive. The first failure should have sent the "oh sh*t oh sh*t oh sh*t we need to sort our crap out" message loudly and clearly, and the executive should have responded. Instead, come the 4th Audit failure CASA gets fed up and revokes RA-Aus's authority to register aircraft and the executive finally take action.

"It all happened so long ago" it 102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif. Seriously???? 3 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif attempts to get it right after your told its wrong and you still cock it up???? What a load of 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif:censored:donkey:censored:

bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

I might be a little bit irritated.

• Like 1

and what 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif me even more is they are still getting it wrong. Rather than looking only at aircraft being re-registered (fine, nice starting point, good job) why the 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif havn't they spent some of the massive pile of cash on some temporary staff to go through the rest of the registered aircraft fleet and tag ones that might cause problems. That way they can arrange for documentation/inspections/whatever the 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif they need well in advance of re-registration and nobody would be in the situation where their aircraft is sitting unregistered and unflyable for weeks on end.

And i'm betting that the aircraft rego area isn't the only problem area either...

To the board and executive (not that I think you'll ever read this). Stop being such panzyarsed wimps. Nobody actually cares who made the original mistakes or how longer ago they were or that people have submitted shonky paperwork. People care because you havn't done a 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif thing to make sure it doesn't happen again. Your doing the bare minimum. learn from the mistakes, get proactive and try and figure out what else is going to bite you in the 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif. Hire and auditor yourself if you want. we've got the money and I'm certain nobody would begrudge it.

068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

• Like 3

and what 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif me even more is they are still getting it wrong. Rather than looking only at aircraft being re-registered (fine, nice starting point, good job) why the 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif havn't they spent some of the massive pile of cash on some temporary staff to go through the rest of the registered aircraft fleet and tag ones that might cause problems. That way they can arrange for documentation/inspections/whatever the 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif they need well in advance of re-registration and nobody would be in the situation where their aircraft is sitting unregistered and unflyable for weeks on end.And i'm betting that the aircraft rego area isn't the only problem area either...

To the board and executive (not that I think you'll ever read this). Stop being such panzyarsed wimps. Nobody actually cares who made the original mistakes or how longer ago they were or that people have submitted shonky paperwork. People care because you havn't done a 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif thing to make sure it doesn't happen again. Your doing the bare minimum. learn from the mistakes, get proactive and try and figure out what else is going to bite you in the 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif. Hire and auditor yourself if you want. we've got the money and I'm certain nobody would begrudge it.

068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

Hopefully you can go to the meeting and tell them that lot.

The original failure of the CASA audit, may have been due to years-old mistakes, but the subsequent repeated audit failures are the fault of the executive. The first failure should have sent the "oh sh*t oh sh*t oh sh*t we need to sort our crap out" message loudly and clearly, and the executive should have responded. Instead, come the 4th Audit failure CASA gets fed up and revokes RA-Aus's authority to register aircraft and the executive finally take action."It all happened so long ago" it 102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif. Seriously???? 3 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif attempts to get it right after your told its wrong and you still **** it up???? What a load of 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif:censored:donkey:censored:

bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

I might be a little bit irritated.

sain,

To help to ease your irritation, I have it on good authority (but am not prepared to table the email string) that at the time immediately after the 1st Audit "Failure", a number of Board Members were seeking info on details of the outcome of the Audit but our then President was almost pre-occupied with what was to appear on the cover of the next magazine.

I don't say that the Executive and Board don't make the required effort, but I do certainly question their management skills, their ability to prioritize effectively, and their knowledge of what is required for governance and accountability in an organisation that is the size that the RAA has grown into.

I also have correspondance from the time of the Meeting of Members in Temora (when they tried to stop my Questions on Notice and I was demanding a subsequent apology), when the then Treasurer (Runciman) advised that he always had trouble getting emailed responses from the then President (Reid). So I also say, that if any member puts themselves up for election into the Executive (or the Board for that matter) and they are not prepared to respond promptly & reliably to internal management emails, then the sooner that member gets out of the way, the better.

Regards Geoff

• Like 2

Has Ra-Aus itself officially informed the membership that they are not sending out renewal notices? Or is that not true? It came from a standing Board Member.

I think you'll find that in one of dodo's recent posts, where he reported on his volunteer efforts in the office, & confirmed that renewal notices had been stopped.

Stopping sending notices makes a mockery of claims on the RAA website that they are getting on top of the backlog. Or am I being unfair (again).

No, I don't know about stopping renewal notices. I think many may have been delayed by having their files checked before posting the renewal, but I don't really know...I was contributing my effort, and trying not to get in the way, so I don't know all the process and decisions made.

dodo

It was confirmed by a current Board Member...

Registration Update:

Hi Guys,

I have some more information.

Apparently the office stopped sending out renewals when our authority was removed. That means there is a large backlog, and a real risk for those who don't check their expiry date of flying illegally.

Other than recieving the renewal notice late November that i promptly returned, i have had no other correspondence of any type on any subject since.

I feel for the poor buggers that have a commercial interest in recreational aviation.

Most of the rest of the members are just being inconvenienced. Those with an effected Flying School or Aircraft Supply or related Business must be crying blood by now, and even worse if they receive the same level of communication that the rest of the members get.

• Like 1

Other than recieving the renewal notice late November that i promptly returned, i have had no other correspondence of any type on any subject since.

And I consider that right there to be the worst part of this sorry saga.....leaving members like Ozzie in limbo with no word whatsoever is unconscionable. I don't care what it takes...hire someone for a week to get on the phone and tell affected members "sorry your rego has been delayed" or whatever. Do something.

• Like 4