through bolt torque map

G-OMER

HiHas anyone got a through bolt torque up plan, i.e which nuts in order to torque up on a 2200 engine

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary,

start at the bolts in the centre of the engine and work out to the ends making sure that you torque both of the nuts on each through bolt.

cheers

Brian

Do them incrementally as well. ( A number of stages ). Most aero engines are never retorqued as far as I know. Somethingis going wrong if they need tightening. There is no gasket to give and require retorquing. By retorquing them you are checking them, but if you are actually moving them I would be a bit concerned. The head bolts are a different matter. The ones near the exhaust valve do have to be torqued from time to time, (Check them all) because the metal yields a bit with the heat cycles.Nev

hey Gaz, you get about......

If you (we) are only taking one barrel off we'll just torque up the bolts we undo, as mentioned above gradually going opposite as much as you can with 4 bolts..... U just did the course, what did Roger (the wise one) say?

113_im_with_stupid.gif.c7998083611453eb404ccd147fef8c5f.gif095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif They have some good smilies on here....

clive, i think if you remove 1 barrel, then the knock on will affect all the barrels if you think about it, so a full torque up is reqd. i am being lazy, hoping somone has done a map to save me from working it out