Site Update - New Likes System (Removed)

Admin

I see two other good contributors have scored dislikes, and I've paid one back. Thinking of making it two for one if the disliker is a serial sniper

Dislikes are neutral and every user has the right to dislike what you may say BUT abusing the system WILL see a 1 week lay over in the sin bin...I MEAN IT!

There is no point me spending money on things to better the site if people play childish games with them...if a person wants to live in fairy tale land thinking that everything they say is going to be liked by everyone then don't look at the likes or dislikes on posts, because you won't be happy

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seeing spelling has been brought up by many users over the years with some even starting a thread about it, I will bring it back as a notice i.e. a neutral like, so it simply alerts the user that other users are having trouble with the spelling in their posts. I have even sent PMs to users when I get overwhelmed by the same mistake in every one of their posts like "teh" instead of "the"...it is just habit and using things like iPads but if you are alerted to it several times it could help to make users more conscious of what they may be doing unknowingly

In that case Ian, can you stop using "then" when you mean "than"?

That's been bugging me for 7 years.

Kthnx

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Guest Howard Hughes
Seeing spelling has been brought up by many users over the years with some even starting a thread about it, I will bring it back as a notice i.e. a neutral like, so it simply alerts the user that other users are having trouble with the spelling in their posts. I have even sent PMs to users when I get overwhelmed by the same mistake in every one of their posts like "teh" instead of "the"...it is just habit and using things like iPads but if you are alerted to it several times it could help to make users more conscious of what they may be doing unknowingly

Sounds good!PS: I have no gripe with 'finger troubles'!

No, the tooltip displays the name of the Like...adding an indicator of it being pos, neut or neg will add to the real estate needed to display them in other areas however I will not completely rule it out at this stage...will review what can be done in due course

I was thinking in terms of adding three characters.

e.g. Like[+] Dislike[0] Dangerous[-]

If anyone wants to have any likes/dislikes etc reviewed by an admin or moderator please simply start a private conversation with them. They have the ability to just remove any individual like/dislike, investigate and if determined to be an abuse of the system the user will get a DCM for the week.

The system is here to improve the quality of posts, have some fun and help each other out!

• Agree 1

I'm always misspelling things on my iphone, there are incorrect words that have made their way into the dictionary and i don't know how to remove, so it auto-corrects to the wrong spelling. Makes me look like a ----

• Agree 1

I'm always misspelling things on my iphone, there are incorrect words that have made their way into the dictionary and i don't know how to remove, so it auto-corrects to the wrong spelling. Makes me look like a ----

It seems the only answer is to reset the dictionary to factory defaults.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-fix-iphone-dictionary-2012-5?op=1

• Informative 1