Fun With GoPros

dlps73

cool! not a fan of the music, but cool non the less, just a question, how did you get the flight data on the video? the airspeed/alt and heading ? is it real time? also, an actual compass that worked like the heading indication looked on the top of the panel would be sweet.

• Agree 1

Regarding the music - do what I do, kill the volume!

Flight data is accomplished with a programme called Dashware which takes the video and combines it with a tcx file from a data logger - I just take my Garmin Edge705 up with me, extract the tcx file from it and synchronise it to the video. You could do the same with the Garmin 495 but mine's a pain to extract from the panel.

And how did you get the flight info ASI ALT HDG ?

Flight data is accomplished with a programme called Dashware which takes the video and combines it with a tcx file from a data logger - I just take my Garmin Edge705 up with me, extract the tcx file from it and synchronise it to the video. You could do the same with the Garmin 495 but mine's a pain to extract from the panel.

• Informative 1

Just not the same with me making my own Aeroplane noises... which I prefer to hear on Aviation videos.Still very nicely done.

There is engine noise at the start and finish but the whole objective was to try and synchronise the video clips with the music .....thanks for the nice comment though :)

• Caution 2

I did like the choice music... and thought that this was a bloody masterful mix to the footage... the timing and the mood of the music fits much better than most Youtube clips I have seen. Must have taken some serious thought and brilliant timing with the editing... Bloody well done with that. Awesome work. Really was quite impressively done ... 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

BUT... I still prefer to hear the Aviation noises in my Youtube clips... Perhaps you could stick the individual circuits up with the original noise on their own as well?

• Like 1

I have a Hero 2. I am trying several settings to get the best results. The camera is mounted under the wing. I tried Hd on Saturday but the video ended up with a shaky view like waves going through the picture. I was using the narrow setting to remove the view of the prop. Any advice on settings. I have also ordered a polarising filter.