Gazelle missing at Ycab

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another accident highlighting the importance of only flying over country you can land in. Makes you wonder whats being taught.

David, we dont know yet if the aircraft is in bush. When the aircraft is found and the reason for it being there is known then you may be able to make this statement.

• Agree 3

Another accident highlighting the importance of only flying over country you can land in. Makes you wonder whats being taught.

Geeze maybe I'm over sensitive, but I have a 22 year old daughter doing flight training, and this incident scares the crap outa me. And a comment like the above, implying poor decision making by the pilot, really bakes my cookies.

FFS, you dont know ANY details about this incident - it may have been structural failure for all we know - dont make it worse by making gratuitous comments about a possible incident.

And if you take the OP comments, would you ever take off? - you may suffer an engine failure on takeoff over somewhere you cant land.

Sheesh.....

• Agree 3

Some info...

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2013/02/03/search-for-overdue-ultra-light-aircraft-caboolture/

Search for overdue ultra light aircraft, Caboolture

February 3, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Police are coordinating a search for an ultra light aircraft and its pilot missing from Caboolture since this morning.

The aircraft left Caboolture around 9.15am and was expected to travel to the Glass House Mountains.

A report was received by police around 12.30pm after the sole occupant of the aircraft, a woman in her fifties, failed to return.

An aerial search was commenced utilising six helicopters and a fixed wing aircraft.

A number of four-wheel-drive vehicles were also utilised in a ground search that was conducted until light faded this evening.

The search will resume tomorrow morning at first light.

I would be happy to put you in touch with the instructor and school to answer your question David but fear it may be you who may need some emergency procedures, and fast withdrawals with insinuations like the above.

please be mindful what you write, many qualified people, monitor this forum and I can assure you that if you were first in possession of some creditable facts you would be very embarrassed by your question. I would be pleased to conduct your next BFR for free and publish the results for learning and review if you wish.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Police report above suggests the female pilot was in her fifties, where did the 24 year old come into the equation?

Confused with part of the rego of the plane is all I can think of...

Police report above suggests the female pilot was in her fifties, where did the 24 year old come into the equation?

I heard that she was 56.

Regardless, I hope for a good outcome

Confused with part of the rego of the plane is all I can think of...

Do you mean the first bit of the rego, that mistake could happen with a lot of our incidents, could even implicate a 19 year old another time.

• Haha 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 1

Do you mean the first bit of the rego, that mistake could happen with a lot of our incidents, could even implicate a 19 year old another time.

Yep and agree. But I emphasise it's the only explanation that I can think of. I'm sure there 1000's of others...

Who cares how old she is as long as she hopefully can return home to her loved ones that is all that matters to me.

She has family that want her home.

I don''t know who she is and I want her home alive and well.

Alf

• Like 3
  • Agree 8