Please like and support our local airfield against legal action

Rocketing

Hi All,

https://www.facebook.com/jaspersbrushairfield

As you are aware Motzartmerv has his hands full at the moment. Well, the action group against his flying club have started a facebook page to gain support but are deleting all comments that are in support of the airfield. There must have been 100+ comments in support of the airfield yesterday and they are all gone.

Here is a facebook page where you CAN SUPPORT the club / airfield. Please like the page and comment on how your local airfield has been an asset to you, your family and community.

https://www.facebook.com/jaspersbrushairfield

Here is a summary of Motz' previous post

I thought I might update you all on the plight of our little flying club and airfield.To keep a long story short, we have had objecters for some time now.

The original problem was noise complaints. Until good old science and facts disproved that argument, hands down, you see, we have ways of actually measuring how loud aircraft are..I KNOW, what an age hey??

Now the group has incorporated themselves and are taking us, and the local council to the land and envirnoment court, claiming that council granted us consent to operate on false basis.

Its mind boggling. Now we have to front up with thousands of dollars, just because this group dispute the DA.

Unreal hey.

Anyway, they have a Facebook page. I invite you all to comment on the page. No bias, read the arguments for yourself and give your honest opinion. Id love the page to be SWAMPED with positive 'flying' comments.

On a personel note. So you know what sort of people you are dealing with, one of these objectors felt the urge, (when the police were removing two deceased crash victims from a wreck,)to yell ovewrt the fence. "It should have been two of the local club members". Im serious. That was heard by several club members and police. Charming people hey.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaspers-Brush-Airport-Action-Group/130875137067195?fref=ts

check out the page

• Like 5

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Howard Hughes

Liked!

I wouldn't worry too much, they only have 20 followers, I suspect the support page will have that many by mid morning!

Of course we do need to be vigilant, we all remember Meiggs field!051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Of course we do need to be vigilant, we all remember Meiggs field!051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Yes and Hoxton Park too ..

Joining Facebook may be an option right now , despite being FB intolerant ..

Glad that I could squeeze a response out of the JBAAG following seeing a number of my responses deleted from their FB page over the last couple of days. Seems like their lies will ultimately come back to haunt them. Keep up the fight and I'd encourage everyone here to jump on FB and support the guys at Jaspers Brush. Who knows when any of us will be next, with the opposition to aviation that is out there. Good to see 131 likes at last count in support, compared to the 20 likes opposed to the airfield. Lets make this number even better...

I went to the site and tried to support it, but it requires me to have a facebook account. That is something I have great reservations about. I used to have a facebook account but I got rid of it because of privacy concerns. If there is another way to support this airfield, I will, but not if I have to sign up to facebook.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I may be strange like that, but how does liking a Facebook page help you with your court case?

Especially when all could see on that page were posts from the other group with description how they delete your comments.

I get that you're trying to get your local people support, but having too many posts from other aviators will only defeat your goal - when someone interested in the problem will come to your page will only see posts from pilots, he will disregard them, as being one of those crazies that make noise every weekend morning (and yes, that's how we're viewed by many).

What you'd need is posts from someone who lives near an airfield and is happy about it, but I guess most of us live quite a bit away (there was a poll some time ago, and from memory average was something like 30min-1h from field), so we don't get the usual problems associated with it.

And there are plenty of problems, even if your noise levels fall within the regulated levels.

I for example leave under the Brisbane International approach path, and every evening it get's really annoying when there's a plane every 5 minutes, and you can't even hear the TV (and it most likely also falls within the regulated noise levels).

I would change it if I could, but I understand that it was my choice to live there, and those planes have to go through somewhere. I also don't feel I have a right to complain as I do cause similar problems to people with my little 2 stroke almost every weekend morning.

• Like 2

Hi Zibi. No if you read the assesment criteria there are limits to the numbers of unacceptable noise levels. undr 75 db will NOT stop you hearing your tv .

The Facbook suport is all going to "public record of suport" . The page is only part of it. The submissions from locals to council form the other major component.

It also goes to show evidence of how many people are directly involved with the "complaints" whenonly 20 people join the page, as apposed to hundreds.

But the biggest thing is the public have information. There are plenty of locals who are joining our page and indicating suport.

• Agree 1

Don't get me wrong Motz, I'm not trying to support the opposing group, but I can't say that I don't understand them.

As to the legal limits - I don't know how much noise the jets above my place make, and whether it's the loudness or type of noise they make, but you sure can't make out what people are saying on TV when one passes, and it can still be legal, but annoying.

On that note I also would not buy a house near any airfield that has a flying school. I wouldn't mind living closer to a small airfield, than I do, but not if you'll have people doing circuits every weekend morning from 6 am.

I don't know how much support from someone from the other side of the country, who's never been to Jaspers Bush, and has no plans to visit any time soon will count, so I'll hold on for a while.

Ok no worries Zibi. Again, its in the suporting documents. The club is authorized to do 80 flights per month. And restricts the times from 8 am till 6 pm on weekends. So an everage of 3 flights per day and none before 8 am certainly dosnt suport your notions.

Im sorry top hear you wont suport an airfield because you dont intend on visiting it soon. Im not gay, but I suport gay rights, im not a woman but i believe in equality, and I may never fly at your airfield, but id certainly help defend YOUR right to fly there..:)

Cheers and thanx for your input

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1

Guest SAJabiruflyer

So I've just tried a softly softly approach using my wife's Facebook account (mine was blocked). Interesting to see the response, if any

Thank you for your support so far. We know that the facebook page is no legal document but what it does show is that there is truly support for the airfield and when I count only the LOCAL people that have liked the page it is already far ahead of the action group.

We already have 187 likes and they currently only have 22 but the truly beneficial result was a black on white reflection of their deceptive intentions by trying to delete honest and fair questions and comments on their page. By supporting our page and copying your comments to council when they are deleted on their page helps a lot.

Please make a screenshot of your post on their page as they may start to delete posts again.

Once again, thank you for your support.