Drifter owner

dazza 38

Dazza if you use the right 2-stroke oil and correct coolant, you won't have to touch it before 500 hrs (decoke, poss new rings) mine was still running strong at 650 Hrs, and has only just been replaced with a new blue-top at 750 hrs. It was well used and never babied. Just looked at a 582 Bluetop in a hovercraft can you believe, (4-5 person)..works very hard and all I had to do was line up the carb slides, and all good. If you check that your carb slides are lined up every now and then, they'll run sweet as a whistle...........................................................................Maj...011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Thanks Ross. I have secured a hangar space at Boonah. I will get Richard Eacott to give it a good going over.

Then on condition

With the "new"wet season in QLD now 70 hours will be good for about 8-10 years anyway ;-)

Good to hear mate, have to catch up at some flying around the place, I'm missing Natfly this year but am hoping for AUSFLY !!

• Like 1

Great news Dazz,

Damn good choice of aircraft. I'd have one tomorrow except Shirley won't go up with me in a tandem. She wouldn't even get in the Citabria. No chance in the Drifter.

You are going to fit right in at Boonah buddy. I have got to get up there again soon. I guess that means get the Auster flying.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

People hereabouts still buy new Drifters because - well I don't need to tell you guys. Despite the existence of near-supersonic ultralights, there's something fun about flying a Drifter. Mine's got 1,500 airframe hours and 485 on its 582 - a new short block is waiting. Dazz, hope you are having fun at Boonah with your spartan aerial steed.

People hereabouts still buy new Drifters because - well I don't need to tell you guys. Despite the existence of near-supersonic ultralights, there's something fun about flying a Drifter. Mine's got 1,500 airframe hours and 485 on its 582 - a new short block is waiting. Dazz, hope you are having fun at Boonah with your spartan aerial steed.

Hi Lior, it has been sitting in the Hangar since late March a waiting new wing sails. Which are currently being manufactured.