Crash out Thargomindah way

Local ABC radio said yesterday that the pilot of an ultralight aircraft that crashed in south west qld had died in an adelaide hospital.Police said the aircraft was mustering and typical of ultralights used for that purpose. Local radio said that he was a great guy around 57 I think with quite a bit of experience, such a tragedy,terrible. So little on the forums about this. I can only assume it was a drifter as they are popular for mustering etc but I don't know,it's just a guess.No idea what happened either. So sad for the family and the community.

Courtesy ABC Qld:

A western Queensland mayor has paid tribute to a pilot who died in a mustering accident in the state's far south-west.

Peter Whiteman, 57, from Mount Margaret Station near Eromanga, south-west of Longreach, died yesterday in an Adelaide hospital.

He suffered serious injuries when a light plane he was flying crashed on Kihee Station on Tuesday.

Quilpie Mayor Stuart McKenzie says Mr Whiteman was a well respected station manager and an experienced pilot.

• Helpful 1

• 3 weeks later...

part of me wants to know the details of this sad accident to learn from it and prevent the same thing.-- and the rest of me just feels for those folk and wants to stay out of their ordeal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3