Paragliders

Hi there guys, just wondering about paragliders and gliding in general.

I suppose its a fairly basic question, but who regulates the paragliding in AUstralia? Is it the HGFA?

How do you even go about getting a paragliding licence, if there is one?

-boingk

Paragliding is HGFA yes, http://www.hgfa.asn.au/

Im not a paraglider pilot but I was looking at it at one stage, but on that link you can click on learning which gives a good rundown, and then it also has all the schools listed for Australia which you will need to go to to get your licence.

I still think Im gonna do it one day :)

Thanks Nathan!

I'm looking into it as a viable medium-term alternative to fixed wing ultralights. I've always loved gliding - went up in one as a kid and got given control for a few minutes - and think paragliding would be great, especially the practical side of things; the whole rig costs maybe 5k and you keep it under the bed!

Cheers - boingk

• Like 1

Hi there guys, just wondering about paragliders and gliding in general.I suppose its a fairly basic question, but who regulates the paragliding in AUstralia? Is it the HGFA?

How do you even go about getting a paragliding licence, if there is one?

-boingk

Here you go Boingk, i think he is down your way to.

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/peter-bowyer.58587/

jason

• Agree 1

You'd thinks so but they're always moving so circulation is maintained. Also your arms are supported by the brakes - minimum sink is achieved with about arm weight brake pressure. If you haven't flown for a while you may notice muscles you didn't know you had the next day :) Flying the paraglider is also a pretty good abdominal work out as turning is a combination of weight shift and brake - using weight shift and minimising the use of brakes is more efficient.