nasty bird strike link

I came across this bunch of birdstrike pictures recently, don't click on the link if you don't like blood ....

(see images in 4th post below - Admin)

I need to mention that it will probably be a very slow load for some of you, as in go make a coffee slow.

Yup and the planes got damaged too!You know what the last thing was that went through those birds minds ..... 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Bex. . . . . . you KNOW how small a bird's brain is. . . . . ? Then it's ass would have to be fairly damned accurate to go through it's MIND don't you think . . . . ?

Phil

• Haha 1

I had a jagged hailstone the approx size of a cricket ball enter the cockpit window of a C-210 without permission at about 11,000 ft over PNG once,. does that count ?? ( It might've had birdseed in it . . .)

regrettably, my ( then ) missus was not sitting in the right hand seat, that would have shut her damned whingeing up for a few minutes at least . . . . ( uncharitable ?. . . ME ? Nah. . . you've never met her. . . )

Tell you what,. . . it was bloody cold for a while but.

Phil

• Haha 1

Nearly cleaned up an eagle on Sunday ( or perhaps he nearly cleaned me up) I saw it in time but it really does give cause for concern, the bugger would've torn my little jigger apart!

Also the link goes to some Asian ad for iPads ,don't often squeal to the moderators but how about it ?

Nearly cleaned up an eagle on Sunday ( or perhaps he nearly cleaned me up) I saw it in time but it really does give cause for concern, the bugger would've torn my little jigger apart!Also the link goes to some Asian ad for iPads ,don't often squeal to the moderators but how about it ?

Sorry Metal. . . . .

Didn't mean to reduce your near miss to some sort of humourous event, as I'm sure it wasn't . . . . it was just the syntax that tickled my fancy.

I used to know a really nice flying instructor bloke who used the word "Jigger" to describe pretty well most things. . . OK,. . . end of story.

BUT THEN,. . . . many years down the line, . . .I dropped off a passenger in Glasgow, ( Bonnie Scotland if your geog isn't up to much ! ) and it was late, so rather than have to strain the brain and fly back night / IFR, and ILS into Birmingham,. . . I had the opportunity of staying overnight with a friendly airfield person, allowing me to take a leisurely VFR home the next morning in good wx forecast condx.

So,. . .Jock takes me out to a local pub where there were some accoustic musicians playing lap pipes and banjos and all sorts of weird instruments, and we had a great time,.. . . ( get to the bloody point Phil . . . YEAH, YEAK, ok ) This oldish bloke got up with his banjo and played a song entitled, . . . "Why my little jigger wouldn't Jigger any more. . ." Being an amateur musician myself, I found this absolutely brilliant. In fact i was nearly peeing myself with laughter when the guy had finished,. . . . and since then. . . anyone mentions the golden "J" word, well, I'm gone.

"And still my little Jigger WOULDN'T JIGGER ANY MORE. . . . " OK OK, I'm weird, but, as my old Granny used to say, . . . whatever blows yer frock up. . . .

Nearly cleaned up an eagle on Sunday ( or perhaps he nearly cleaned me up) I saw it in time but it really does give cause for concern, the bugger would've torn my little jigger apart!

You don't realise how big Pelicans are until you see them up close at 800 feet either!

rgmwa

Wouldn't have wanted to be flying in the Cretaceous period then (apart from the problems of dinosaurs stepping on your parked aircraft)... Quetzalcoatlus was up to 250kg with 11m wingspan. Come to think of it, you wouldn't need an aircraft, just a saddle and balls of solid steel...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Sorry Metal. . . . .Didn't mean to reduce your near miss to some sort of humourous event, as I'm sure it wasn't . . . . it was just the syntax that tickled my fancy.

. . .

Well me and my "jigger " are happy to give you a giggle

Well me and my "jigger " are happy to give you a giggle

That sounds like one of the better pick up lines I've seen. Might be a bit hard to say with a few pints on board though.