Pre-solo Air Legislation Exam vs Air Legislation Exam

Hi Guys,

Im going through the exams ive done vs the exams im yet to do, and im struggling to find information about what the difference between the Pre-solo Air Legislation Exam and the Air Legislation Exam is

I have the course outline for them both, which pretty much says study the same thing. With a few extra AIR Book ENR sections chucked in.

Can anyone explain to me the difference between these exams? Is one a CASA vs RA-AUS exam or..?

Thanks!

NF

As I recall they were fairly similar, and the Air Leg had a few more questions than the Pre-solo. The Pre-solo mainly covered things you would need to get around the circuit where the Air Leg went into more detail on the broader topics.

If you are using Dyson Hollands manuals you should be fine

Yeah the pre-solo one is mostly concerned with real basic stuff as shu said, right of way in the circuit, aerodrome markings etc. The Air Leg. one expands on that so you will see things like how much buffer to leave on airspace boundaries, VMC stuff, etc... i would say if you study for the Air Leg one, you'll nail the pre-solo one. PM me if you want I'll send you my study notes - I got a 95% on mine :)