Bi-plane with wing walker crashes

Thats just ghastly. Im not aero savvay enough to say for sure, but looked like a simple, inverted stall. Puff of smoke as it rolled inverted, not sure if thats normal for the steerman, but certainly not for the ones ive seen. Horrible horrible stuff.

I looked at it twice and read all the comments. I would say elevator control failure.. He would be holding it close to full forward stick and there is an enormous amount of drag from the walker that has to be counteracted. The movement was sudden as would be with elevator control failure. Certainly don't like watching these sorts of things. Sad for the operators. At least it was over quickly for them. Nev

He seemed to be yawing a lot while inverted due to the extra drag, and pushing hard to hold altitude at the same time. Looked to me like a skid resulting in the left wing stalling, but I'm certainly no expert. Whatever the cause, it's a shocking thing to see.

rgmwa

Too low and too slow in a plane that could not complete that manoeuvre with any other result. Awful for the families but anybody who does things like that should expect the same result.

• Agree 3