Gyrocopter down Western Qld

Russ - excellent - all they have to do is "cut n paste" a brief summary ( ie I'm not suggesting publishing a multi page doc - a synopsis - facts and conclusion would be fine ) and post it on the public side of the ASRA forum - it is really not a hard task at all.There is no reason it can't be done.

If they could do that say twice a year ( ie covering the previous six months ) then anybody in Australia, anybody interested in aviation, anybody considering getting into gyros or anybody anywhere in a gyro community around the World could read that data. At the moment it's Member only - ie no public dissemination.

Accident/incident summary data is shared in other countries, no membership is required for flight safety related data - it's a public service.

Try this as a template ( from little New Zealand ) - hopefully this is within the capability of ASRA.

http://www.caa.govt.nz/Script/Accident_Details.asp?Oc=12/4682

Here's a summary from Australia - take a look - neat brief and concise and published in the public domain for all to read

http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/investigation_reports/1990/aair/aair199003135.aspx

The downside is that it was published in 1990 - ATSB published such reports up to 1996/1997 - since then the subject of gyrocopter accident summary reports has travelled back in the information Dark Ages - is this progress - is it fit for the 21st C.

Similar reports are put into the public domain in the UK, USA, South Africa, Poland, Germany, Canada, Spain, France but oddly not in Australia - be great if you could join in too.

Regards

Steve

Steve

As far as I am aware ASRA is not required to put anything out there for the public. They are there for ASRA members only.

I have been following your history on the US rotorcraft forum and I note that you dug up a report from the ASRA forum and posted it on your site.

This report had some details that you should not have made public.

The widow of the deceased pilot read that report with witness statements and was very upset.

Well done Steve in your attempts to make a name for yourself. You certainly did with a widow and her children.

I can't speak for ASRA and I am not a member, but I think they have more important things to do than feed your strange fetish for accident reports.

Brent.

Hi Brent - Bentrotor,

""This report had some details that you should not have made public.""

ASRA published that report on their forum, in a public part of their forum. ASRA uploaded it and ASRA published it. A Google search for "Kruza" found it.

I provided a link to this ASRA published report - that's it.

I've since been told that it was published in public in error by ASRA - you may wish to ask ASRA how this error came about.

You will notice I request summary reports.

The key question is why summary report are not placed into the public domain - why not do so - your colleagues in New Zealand do, in the UK do, in the USA do, in South Africa do, in Poland do, in German do, in Spain do - ASRA is way off the pace in this regard.

Brent you have participated in the UFO thread over on the other forum - the key part of that thread is an informative report published into the public domain by the New Zealand CAA into a fatal UFO accident - the sad part of that thread is that no information has been published into the public domain by ASRA for a fatal UFO accident in Australia. Two countries, two fatals with the same rare type of gyro - two completely different approaches to investigation and publication - bizarre. One open and transparent - the other a dark void.

Imagine what might be learned if both reports were in the public domain - similarities, overlap, concerns, trends, patterns. With only one report the full possibility to learn is restricted. UFO gyros are not confined to Australia - share what you know, it may help pilots/potential owners elsewhere or those in Australia considering this design.

The key question here is why can the NZCAA investigate and publish such excellent quality material for a fatal UFO gyro crash when your colleagues in Australia can't - should ASRA raise their game to a higher standard - I'd say "yes" and I encourage them to do so.

Here is a link to the UFO Helithruster thread - it is an interesting read for sure particularly when ASRA say they have difficulty in locating the report...."......the official report might not be able to be found that easily."

http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36423

Regards

Steve