160 or 170 jab

Russ

160 it is then...........getting the Ok to fly me gyro about phillipines was becoming a right head *****, so i looked into permission for a factory built/certified craft.....hence a jab.....this they've Ok'd.With lot's of homework this last mth or 2, and info via here as well, i'm more than comfortable now re jab 160 and the "engine".....even looked into a 912 installation, which was to be a definate possibility. ( absolutely doable, and "certified " )

Have been convinced the 4 cyl jab, reworked a tad, and run on mogas with upper cyl lube at all times is a reliable/honest engine.......CFI this way is getting big hrs on his jab, has caused no grief whatsoever.....it just keeps humming.

Now.............any info re island hopping to phillipines ( customs requirements, etc etc )...........ANY info at all i would be grateful.

A number of years ago I was to ferry a 172 back from the Phillipines, unfortunately the deal fell through. I do remember that when I planned it that it was reasonably straight forward as long as you had all the i's dotted and t's crossed, thats was even before the bl@@dy ASIC card too!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic