170 v 230 v 430

Guest Condog

Which is best for our circumstances  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best for our circumstances

Condog - more on your son's ambitions. If he is definitely looking to progress to ATPL then i'd highly suggest him giving up his current training. It sounds harsh but that is no longer the path to ATPL flying. If he's keen about the airlines then the only way in nowadays is the cadetship pathway through any of the major airlines cadetship programs. To progress through the GA pathway is pretty much pointless nowadays. Even if he gets through and gets all the hours up in 10-15 years he will still be up against the kids who've been taught the "company way" from when they first touched a control yoke.

This would only apply to the ATPL option though - if he's interest in general commercial flying/charter/training etc. then he's on his way. Just so long as he's not expecting a big pay-cheque! Sorry to sound harsh but I'm all for the tough-love approach with this stuff lately...

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Guest Condog

Hi guys i weigh 100 kg and my wife is 67 so the raa jab as i understand it would not allow us to fly together on a full tank. If im reading the above correctly??

Hi guys i weigh 100 kg and my wife is 67 so the raa jab as i understand it would not allow us to fly together on a full tank. If im reading the above correctly??

but even half tanks will get you a good distance at 18l/hour. 60 litres (42.5kg) in your tanks will give about 2.5 hours with a 45 min reserve.