Registration Renewal

Just renewed registration, returned renewal notice when it arrived and received renewal back with a week still to run on current rego. Apart from the photos (included incase any were missing) the event preceded as per normal.003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Modified aircraft may have problems but standard configuration appears sorted.

My rego ran out on July 23, I sent paperwork & photos in 10 days before that. Got a message from Wayne to say photos were placed in the file but have heard nothing since. E-mailed to ask if they needed anything else, no reply to that.

My aircraft is unmodified factory built & 24- registered.

Seems to me they are a long way from sorted.

Guest Andys@coffs

Well my 230 was registered on the 31st of July It fell due around the end of May. The problem was that the W&B in the file with all the other paper was for a J160 so there was doubt over whether the aircraft was a 230 or a 160......In the end despite many photos showing it was clearly a 230 the copy of the original W&B from the POH seems to have unblocked the holdup.

The issue isn't Wayne or process or the people involved, but to me rather the generations before them that accepted paper was the only way to go...I'm sure I ended up with a W&B in my file from someone else's aircraft file, but then I cant explain why the proper 230 W&B isn't in the file as well.......

We need to ditch all the paper after its scanned, put into a proper system and validated.....

It seems to me that over the years they have lost files, then when CASA lowered the boom all those losses had to be remedied. Plus also they now require more than they did years ago. I never had to have a placard showing max TOW.

I wonder what good that placard will do, I don't know anyone who can work out the weight of an aircraft, without reading the POH and if they do that the placard is irrelevant.

• Agree 1

"I never had to have a placard showing max TOW." Yenn

I guess the other way to look at it is that it was a requirement of the Technical Manual, but was not being enforced before the audit process identified the lack of compliance.

Whether placards achieve anything or not is a matter of debate, but when it is required for good or bad, we just have to comply.

The old saying "rules are rules" : that is until/unless they are changed and then of course they are no longer the rules.

Documents sent in almost a month ago, needed photo of non existant placard, ordered new one, phot and sent, now seem previous documents on approved MTOw upgrade to 600 kg lost. inc stall speed decrease declaration as directed by TM 18 mths ago.

Asked for L2 verified w&b, submitted inc recent weight documents for 600 kg, Then told they wont accept stall speed modification OR tell me what evidence they would accept.

Regd 19, so owner built is able to modify spec as per POH and RAA regs.

Its a factory assist J200, needs 1.1 kts reduction in stall to comply, Stolspeed kit fitted ( LAA certified in UK) reduced stall by 5 kts. Stick- on VG kit

If 19 reg are NOT able to be modified in this way how do you stand with other far more serious modifications or heaven forbid owner designed.

Maybe regulations on 19 modifcation need producing, seems they can undo any mod retrospectively as far as i can see without reason.

RAA house is far from sorted yet.

• Informative 2

Hey, this forum really works ............. or maybe just lucky timing.

I did get a call from RAA that Tech manager was asking for W&B information, (which I supplied 2 weeks ago), I told the nice lady that all this data should be in the file and was emailed recently and only debate left was the Stall speed and maybe this is what needed review by TM

Got money taken from account for rego today.

• Informative 1