Constitution Reform - SRs 4, 5 & 6 (The Executive)

DonRamsay

The aim of these amendments is to better spell out the responsibilities and duties of these key roles.

At the moment, Rule 14A, e.g., currently defines the role of the President in just one sentence:

“The President shall act as Chairman for all meetings and shall determine subject to this Constitution any matters in dispute regarding proceedings at those meetings and shall act as spokesperson for the Association.”

The amendment of Rule 14 A President emphasises the leadership role for the President in maintaining good governance and defending the Constitution from people who might prefer to ignore it when not convenient to be bound by it.

The roles of Secretary and Treasurer, currently read literally, requires them to do all such work where, in reality, we have staff employed to do that work. The true nature of these roles is one of oversight.

The new wording also emphasises the ascendency of the Board as a whole over the individuals in the Executive.

Sounds ok to me...............014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Oi! Maj

I posted under AGM Proxies Post 38 -- have a look as I am lazy only type it once.

We all need to think about this as I think it is a bit premature..

Regards

Keith Page..

I have had a goiod study of the Constitution and how these amendments fit in to the overall scheme of the changes.

These changes, as Andy at Coffs has said, have been discussed with the Constitutional Review and Reform committees , they have made some amendments and points for inclusion which have been effected in these proposals. The proposals have effectively been submitted without any real objection from these committees.

Since these two bodies ( now one) have agreed and also made suggestions to these amendments, this is an overarching first change that will ultimately help them in the future for their changes.

We hope to see what this committee has for us at the AGM. Changes that they would be proposing will take another 6 to 12 months at least to get passed at a meeting.

RAA cannot wait that long for changes that should have been implemented ages ago.