70th Birthday present

planedriver

Yep, having seen what a fast electric sports model does to the side of someone's head (weeks in ICU for a start), having a club, insurance and some level of field control can only be a good thing.

Ah Daz, the truth is much more mundane. The name came about from a (dry) dream their manager had. The other sad news is supposedly that the average is only 3cc! See: www.snopes.com/music/artists/10cc.asp

I always thought that 10cc was a bit of a boast or perhaps the result of a long dry spell.

But the Lovin Spoonful was definitely to do with passing on DNA. Must have been the Lovin (tea)Spoon to get under 5 mls.

I practised on the simulator and then bought a Parkzone Trojan and flew it at the local park. There were a few other flyers as well until the council inspectors threatened us with big fines if they caught us there again. They got our names and car rego and took photos of us and our models. It was a bit depressing to have the council come down on us like that. Anyhow we approached our local councillor and to our amazement, he was very supportive of us. We had to form a club and get insurance, but it has been worth the effort. The club has been going for about 12 months now and we have around 100 members including a few very keen juniors.

Love the Trojan, saw one at my local flying field which had an electronic engine noise maker fitted. It sounded awesome on start-up and also in flight!

Check out Youtube, there are a few good video clips to be seen, if you have not seen them already.

Kind Regards

Planey

I always thought that 10cc was a bit of a boast or perhaps the result of a long dry spell.But the Lovin Spoonful was definitely to do with passing on DNA. Must have been the Lovin (tea)Spoon to get under 5 mls.

Don't worry mate, none of us are as young as we once were, even though we might like to kid ourselves sometimes:sorry: