Jabiru CHT mod

AVOCET

I've just done the CHT mod that jabiru recommend ,it gets rid of the 14 mm ring that goes under the spark plug that can let hot gas escape and give a high head temp reading .

I was pleased that all my heads now read pretty even , I always had a high reading No3 due to leaking gas .(no more )

The mod is called ::: AVDALSR085-1

CHT mod

It took about 40mins to do the 6 sensors ,

The hardest thing is snipping away the old 14 mm ring with sharp side cutters and not damaging the wire that's welded together at the ends .i just snipped away a bit at a time until it falls off the wire then crimping on the new ring .

Cheers Mike.

image.jpg.29f3354d977bbc4b36abc70b393fe9f2.jpg

Ok I give up, I looked at the Service Bulletin list and searched the Jabiru site for "AVDALSR085-1" but I cannot locate the document?

The only ones there appear to be AVDALSR071 and AVDALSR050

The ones under the plug are not ideal. That is for sure. They would change the effective heat rating of the plug, and be likely to cause a lack of sealing ( as you state). How do you like your liquid cooled heads? Nev

Ok I give up, I looked at the Service Bulletin list and searched the Jabiru site for "AVDALSR085-1" but I cannot locate the document?The only ones there appear to be AVDALSR071 and AVDALSR050

Pm me your email address and ill send the email I got from jabiru , it Probly hasn't been added to the web manual yet

Cheers

L

The ones under the plug are not ideal. That is for sure. They would change the effective heat rating of the plug, and be likely to cause a lack of sealing ( as you state). How do you like your liquid cooled heads? Nev

LCH work great ,check out the R/tec website

Cheers