Making an aeroplane in Australia 1941

Those new production tools - they called them 'women' - were used quiet extensively in that factory

There seemed to be quiet a number and .................. the factory appeared to be having no problems with them

What's that `metal' they used to prevent distortion when bending pipes? Haven't come across that before.rgmwa

It's called quick metal , used to bend soft metal pipes ,

Don't know a lot about it , or what it's made from ,

Tried to google it , 0 metal , zero metal,

There's one site that goes to doc . For bending brass tube .

Maybee some one can look a bit further into it , would be good for bending Alum. Pipe

I think it is called Woods metal.... melts in boiling water. A mixture of bismuth, lead, tin and cadmium 030_dizzy.gif.fecc2d0d52af5722561e47dee1add28d.gif from memory.regards

Marcus

I think it is called Woods metal.... melts in boiling water. A mixture of bismuth, lead, tin and cadmium 030_dizzy.gif.fecc2d0d52af5722561e47dee1add28d.gif from memory.regards

Marcus

I thought it might be a bit toxic , otherwise it would still be readily available and used ,

Any chemists out there could make a non toxic version ?

Cheers Mike

Available on fleabay in Aus for $60 odd for 200 gm. Tain't cheap, but available..... I used to have some and play with it

60 years back......029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

regards

Marcus

Available on fleabay in Aus for $60 odd for 200 gm. Tain't cheap, but available..... I used to have some and play with it60 years back......029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

regards

Marcus

What's it called on eBay please ?

Mike