HOW SILLY IS THIS?

Methusala

We can amuse ourselves with the inconsistencies etc, but it is better to just DO it. Perhaps you can see that you could always fail an audit, without a lot of difficulty.

Perfect system we have. Rules of strict liability ( that means YOU did it. There are no excuses entered into) with automatic fines and loss of points to boot. And to go further, there is no real way to understand all the rules, because of the confusing way they are presented. Nev

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules may or maynot be changed in the future - if you want to fly now then you have to comply with the CURRENT rules.

It is not that difficult - my aircraft complys and I fly legally, and just did a lic and rego renewal without a problem (did send the relevant photos in case they were missing, but with current digital photos how simple is that)

• Agree 1

I suppose that in responding positively to pettifogging behaviour we may ignore far more serious issues such as Gazelles being left inefficient and under performing by the requirement to only use the original specified propeller. This undoubtedly helps keep the fleet and those who fly in them safe! Why are we required to affix in a prominent positition a label stating that the aircraft does not conform to airworthiness standards when we are, in fact, over regulated by dolts? Don

'Scuze me - the Gazelle is a type-certificated aircraft, n'est-ce pas? In that case it is required to use a type certificated engine and a type-certificated propeller. If you want to use a different type-certificated propeller, it is quite possible to get that approved by a CASA design signatory (used to be a CAR 35 engineer - now under CASR Part 21 subpart M) provided it meets the certification requirements. You would also have to prove that the aircraft, so fitted, meets the performance requirements of its certification basis. This is standard stuff in GA. What you can't do is slap on any old propeller that you happen to like.

Wow, 52 posts ,so far, over some joker not reading the ops manual before putting his stickers on,

I think it was intended to be serious, i.e., not a joke (otherwise this thread would have been in Aviation Laughter).

I am gratified that my original post has excited so much interest and thoughtful comment. There is food for thought as to our responsibilities as owners and operators of aircraft. I always feel that it is a great privilege to be able to fly. And I am reminded that you can rue the day that small details ceased to be important. There is still a distinction between those that matter and those that are mere distractions. Don

• Like 1

methusala I am sorry in one way as to my reaction to your original post but it did bring a lot action it is our regulations that are now biting us as members

I agree methusala I am reminded that you can rue the day that small details ceased to be important but until we as an organization start to get together and abide by our rules now

change the rules yes but are CASSA going to be helpful yes they are as long as we abide by them our rules

as our rules apply to us so we as a group can go flying

small things like a pin missing or about to fall out from ailerons or rudder peddle can have a big impact on your life

example one night a policeman pulled me up as two lights were not working copped a 200 dollar fine for not having name off last town I had stoped in spelt correctly just a small thing had they been working he stated that he would not have pulled me up

as I maybe wrong if the rule is not in our rules for exemption you then abide by CASSA RULES example carriage of flight manual for that type of aircraft you are flying was not in our rules

this has been the doing off those at the very top by not telling us as members the bloody truth about what was going on with CASSA neil

Guest Crezzi
if the rule is not in our rules for exemption you then abide by CASSA RULES example carriage of flight manual for that type of aircraft you are flying was not in our rules

I'm not sure if I'm agreeing with you or not but RAAus aircraft are exempt from the CASA rule to carry the aircraft flight manual.

Cheers

John