Heli licensing

Heath4320

Does anybody know exactly what involved in transferring an international helicopter license over to an Australian one?

Is there a website or some info source which details the compatibility of various country's training systems?

I'm considering training in either NZ or the USA, and then transferring it when I come home.

Also, does anybody have any more info on this rumoured GA recreational heli license system that might be being introduced?

DoAlso, does anybody have any more info on this rumoured GA recreational heli license system that might be being introduced?

I email CASA about this a while ago and eventually got an email back stating

The rumours become true on 4 December 2013 there will be a RPL!!

See http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_101368

Also received this in an email tonight

**REMINDER CASA INFORMATION SESSIONS**

**New pilot licensing regulations

(Civil Aviation Safety Regulations Part 61)**

Pilots are invited to attend CASA’s upcoming information sessions

on the new pilot licensing regulations in six capital cities on Monday

21 October 2013.

The sessions update CASA’s recent, popular AvSafety seminars on

regulation reform including pilot licensing, and will provide further

insight into the new licensing rules, what they mean for each pilot

licence category, and how licences will be issued.

Date: Monday 21 October 2013

Time: 19:00 (local time)

Cost: Free.

Where:

Melbourne – Grape Room, Mercure Treasury Gardens, Melbourne City

Sydney – Grand Ballroom, Mercure Sydney International Airport,

Wolli Creek

Brisbane – Auditorium, Broncos Leagues Club, Red Hill

Adelaide – Room MC1-02, Mawson Centre, UniSA Mawson Lakes Campus,

Mawson Lakes

Perth – Meeting Rooms 2 and 3, Perth Convention Centre, Perth City

Canberra – Rooms 1 and 2, ANU Commons Function Centre, Acton

<http://casa.grapevine.com.au/lists/lt.php?id=Y0UDBAcHBwUHUh9VBQoFTAgGAQEHCg%3D%3D>

Look up bladeslapper website...the forum has done this 'it's cheaper to train overseas' topic regularly over the years.

Make sure you get the secret Handshake right

My experience is they aren't the most friendly bunch over there

No need to sign up. There is a thread going at the moment about this. Yep there is some really helpful people on there and some pains in the neck types and the odd inflated ego.

Yep I asked about homebuilt helis only to be called a pest and to go away

• 2 years later...

Yep I asked about homebuilt helis only to be called a pest and to go away

Ah, so it isn't just me then.

I'm still trying to figure the secret hand shake.

Iv alway thought a heli licence came with a free ego, seen many fine, upstanding blokes turn into arrogant asses, and most on that forum havent had me change my perception.

Tis sad, becouse I've no dout you could learn plenty from some of them, if they'd just pull their heads out.

Oz B same reason that I am over here instead of there. Seems to be more Commercial HPPL types and I am just a lowly HPPL.

They don't have much volume in terms of posts which doesn't help but some of the guys were quite helpful about licence conversions when I asked.

PS.....still looking for my free ego as it did not arrive in the Kellogg's packet with the heli licence sadly 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I just posted a genuine question askn why a certain heli pad that had a Squirrle go leg up on had a slope.

Then i got a warning from the boss pm to give it up!

WTF?

Startn to wunder if they are just inbred double cranium punces who dont want to mix with us lowlys. :(

Was still looking for something suitable

Didn't see the point in Building something that I needed a PPL(H) for which cost a fortune

Hence the original Question was about a Recreational rotatory License

Looks like NZ may have a helicopter endorsement available to the Microlight (Ultralight) Certificate....

I know they have a few of the Mosquito single seaters over there that may be forcing the introduction of the add on...

http://www.aerosport.co.nz/aircraft/helicopter

Looks like a nice helicopter as well. Rotorway 162 with Turbine engine.

No scotsman, no RPL in oz for helis.

You can do wot you like in a gyro, even carry passengers, but soons you put power to the rotor, apparently you need to be a rocket pilot, even it only has one seat.

I looked into the mozzy ave8t, but i think they only come with either a 2banger or a turbine.

2bangers are very finiky and not well suited to heli instalations and the other drinks too much kero.

And iv not heard much positive said bout the rotorway.

It wouldnt supprise me if NZ had an UL heli endorsment, they are usualy 100 years ahead of this over regulated nanny country.

• Agree 2

And you gota take promotional claims with a hearty dose of salt.

That link you put up states, fuel capacity as 90L

A t6 turbine derated to 90hp burns 1LPM ( that M represents a minute, not a mile), so one gouverned to 130hp wont give you anything near the claimed 600km range.

If they fiddled those numbers, wot other claims are accurate?

No scotsman, no RPL in oz for helis.You can do wot you like in a gyro, even carry passengers, but soons you put power to the rotor, apparently you need to be a rocket pilot, even it only has one seat.

I looked into the mozzy ave8t, but i think they only come with either a 2banger or a turbine.

2bangers are very finiky and not well suited to heli instalations and the other drinks too much kero.

And iv not heard much positive said bout the rotorway.

It wouldnt supprise me if NZ had an UL heli endorsment, they are usualy 100 years ahead of this over regulated nanny country.

I have heard so much bad news about the rotorway from owners and forums. If you are putting down that amount of money on a kit you don't want that doubt in the back of your mind.

On the other hand the online feedback about the Mosquito and helicycle is pretty positive on average. I think it sadly boils down to the old adage that there is no such thing as a cheap heli. The Ranabot looked nice but also has a chunky price tag too