Hello all

Guest Darren Masters

Guest Darren Masters

Hey all. Well I am new here so allow me to introduce myself.My name is Darren Masters, 28 years young from Western Sydney.Glenn asked me to join this wonderful forum of his at last years NATFLY at Narromine and I finally do it now :D Oh well, never too late I say.My hobbies?Aircraft (funnily enough), Recreational (ultralight) Aircraft Flying (I fly out of The Oaks Airfield just out of Sydney), Scanning, Satellite Tv, Weather and did I mention flying?Let's not forget drinking beer either :lol: I am looking forward to reading lots of stories from all of you on here and sharing some of my stories and pics with you all too.This forum seems to have a lot less attitude than others.

Guest Chainsaw

Darren!,

A big welcome to TAA for you and Emma.

It's about time you registered here mate lol.

Thanks very much for your YSSY audio link. I use it every day :)

TAA is a good place to be.

Guest Glenn

Wow Darren talk about slow, it only took you a year to register :P

Good to have you here finally. I look forward to reading about your flying adventures. Don't forget that we have a new photo gallery where you can upload some shots too.

Have fun :)

Guest Darren Masters

Thank you guys for the welcome!!! Great to be finally on here.Chainsaw, do you know Emma and I personally? It's very hard to tell with nicknames!!! :lol: Glenn, you have done an amazing job of this site mate.A huge congrats on that one.I am getting up bright and early to do some aerochuting out of Richmond tomorrow morning so there will no doubt be a report and pics on that for you all to look at. :D

Guest Chainsaw

Darren, we have met at The Beach fence, and at Sheps Mound.

We have also chatted on 'the other place'. I don't go there either lol. Lurk maybe a little. TAA is my home...proudly.

Waste plenty of time here mate, the Gallery is superb etc.

Watch out for the Admin here, he goes a bit silly sometimes. Todd and myself have to keep him in-line heh heh.

Enjoy

Chainy :ch:

Guest Darren Masters

Chainy,

I am intrigued. I truly am :D I take your word for it that we have met (I'm not doubting you mate). Ha ha ha :lol: re the 'other place'. I don't even lurk any more. Looking forward to contributing here too (as I have mentioned).Looks like a great place to waste some time. Never mind about the site owner, he's a little like that I think...You keep on keepin' on and keep him in line 8)

Guest Glenn
Glenn, you have done an amazing job of this site mate.A huge congrats on that one.I am getting up bright and early to do some aerochuting out of Richmond tomorrow morning so there will no doubt be a report and pics on that for you all to look at.

Thanks mate 8)

Aerochuting looks like fun. Can't wait to see the report.

Watch out for the Admin here, he goes a bit silly sometimes. Todd and myself have to keep him in-line heh heh.

I get that way when I don't get my fix 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Darren you've go to check out our famous thread titled "Am I addicted to aviation?" in the general aviation section

Guest Chainsaw
Darren you've go to check out our famous thread titled "Am I addicted to aviation?" in the general aviation section

Onya Glenn, this will give him some ideas about us. Was this a wise suggestion? You and I both seem really 'odd' about planes in that thread...(errrr but it's true Darren)

Yes a classic thread for all newbies :lol:

Guest Darren Masters

Well guys, as promised a trip report and pics on my aerochute adventure this morning. I thought it would be better if you view on my web page though (to save Glenn some bandwidth with whatever is occuring at the moment). The link for my web page is below.Full report and pics there. Just quickly, with a 20 plus knot Westerly blowing, don't you love a ground speed of 6kt. :shock:

Guest Darren Masters

I just thought because it has slowed a bit (the forums).No dramas.Re the aerochuting Glenn, watch out.Highly addictive! :D

Guest Darren Masters
Welcome Darren! Small world eh!

'Tis mate! :lol: Good to catch you here too.

Guest Chainsaw

The difference here Darren is that if anybody wants criticism they have to pay me first LOL. A bit like a Monty Python sketch of the different rooms one for arguing etc . Not sure if you know it.

I accept: Mastercard, Visa, AMEX, PayPal, Direct Deposit, blood, 10 year loyalty promise etc

The difference here Darren is that if anybody wants criticism they have to pay me first LOL. A bit like a Monty Python sketch of the different rooms one for arguing etc . Not sure if you know it. I accept: Mastercard, Visa, AMEX, PayPal, Direct Deposit, blood, 10 year loyalty promise etc

10 years??? Pfft u'd be lucky to be here still wuldnt ya chainy?

The difference here Darren is that if anybody wants criticism they have to pay me first LOL. A bit like a Monty Python sketch of the different rooms one for arguing etc . Not sure if you know it. I accept: Mastercard, Visa, AMEX, PayPal, Direct Deposit, blood, 10 year loyalty promise etc

10 years??? Pfft u'd be lucky to be here still wuldnt ya chainy?

10 YEARS?????????????????????

More like 2 Years :lol: :lol:

Guest Chainsaw

Thanks Darren,

I think some of these people prefer the sound of jet engines. That would explain it. ;)

Guest Darren Masters

Yes yes, I think you are right. I'm in the good books then.I love the sound of round and the burners. Hey, nothing like the sound of the old 727 popping away on departure :lol:

Guest Chainsaw

Ok, I'll except your explanation. The 3 pots are ok, not as good as a Dakka DC3 though. Even MD-11's are half acceptable....just lol. (mini rant: some do like the sound of blandness heh heh). Btw, Glenn said he couldn't go flying due to a Jabaru crash. I do trust you didn't have anything to do with that given your piloting excellence.