Scary Landing!

Tim E

Crazy, but it's a fake. It's a heineken beer commercial

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGDlrmfWy8]YouTube - Heineken Commercial "The Landing"[/ame]

Guest OzChris

How about this for scary:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Yes thats a ripper Chris!

Have you been involved in some difficult landings Chris in your ultralight..like wind changes etc..? Guess sometimes you can take off in good weather but landing later on when conditions have changed or in a different place might not always be easy?

Guest OzChris
Yes thats a ripper Chris! Have you been involved in some difficult landings Chris in your ultralight..like wind changes etc..? Guess sometimes you can take off in good weather but landing later on when conditions have changed or in a different place might not always be easy?

I have always flow GA aircraft up until Jan 2007 - and it took me a few hours to get used to the differences with landings, particularly the lack of inertia!

But now-a-days, I mainly fly the Jabiru J160 - I have the landings fairly under control...I just dont fly when its gusty - that makes for a terrible landing in an ultralight. 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif

I love the roar of the engines on that clip as the pilot pulls out of the landing for the go around..a spilt second choice..another second or two might have been a bit late..a hard day at the office though..but a good result for all concerned in the end. :)

Guest g_i_jack029

oh, yeh, that roar is wicked, the pilot thought bugger this and slammed the throttle quadrant forward.

There's some sites that have some amazing...truely stunning crosswind landings, absolutely amazing i tell ya