Tl - 2000 sting

Guest OzChris

This is one of my fave aircraft - Info from the website:

Designed and manufactured in the Czech Republic the TL- 2000 STING CARBON is a luxurious and comfortable Ultralight Aircraft. Cruising at 250kms per hour the STING offers perfect 360 degree visibility, good stability and a generous luggage capacity. Built entirely of Carbon Fibre the Sting is stressed to +6/-4 g's and is fully certified by the Czech Civil Aviation Authorities.

The Sting can be easily transported by trailer with the wings and elevator removed in less than 10 minutes; the aircraft can avoid the high costs of hangerage with the owner storing the aircraft in a specially designed trailer.

The fuselage of the Sting is very aerodynamically shaped, the wing root is low allowing for easy access to the cockpit, which can be entered without standing on the seats.

The elevator is assembled very quickly by just one person and like all other command surfaces the moving parts are actuated by rigid fittings, once your Sting is manufactured there is very few adjustments required to the aircraft over it's life.

The wing of the Sting is equipped with a mono spar similar to sailplanes, this method allows for quick and accurate assembly of the aircraft, the overlapping spars are held in place within the central part of the fuselage where the members from each wing cross and they are held in place by two sturdy locking pins.

The nose gear is strong and sturdy offering excellent protection even in the worst landings, the steering is directly linked to the rudder pedals and the rear wheel have independently operated disk brakes.

The Sting has broad split flaps which make it possible to land the aircraft on the shortest fields. The Sting is normally equipped with either the Rotax 912 or 912S engines which make the aircraft ideal for long cross country flights enjoying the economy of 12 lph at 250 kmh IAS.

yes absolutely Glenn...

With advanced composite materials now-a-days and some very modern designs Recreational aircraft are amongst some of the most technically advanced aircraft available...and FAST with great economy!

The Sting (above) has a cruise speed of around 135+kts with a fuel flow of only 12lts an hour! Now that is just amazing!

• 11 months later...
Guest Lowingman

Hi Chris,

Would like to know about control harmonization on the Sting say compared to a RV6/7 or if you are not familiar perhaps the Pioneer 300. Also could you please comment on baggage space available.

Thanks,

Warren

Guest OzChris

Hi Warren - I am not an expert on the Sting Aircraft, Michael Coates is your man there.

Michael??

Calling Michael...

...Queenslanders :rolleyes: :tongue:

Guest OzChris

Warren, I cant tell you about 'control harmonization', but I can tell you that while some Recreational Aircraft have the space (ie: J230/J200), it is the wieght restriction that doesnt allow for too much in the way of baggage under RA-Aus regs.....weight pending, the Sting carries around 8kg behind the seats.

Guest Michael Coates

Hello guys, sorry for the delay in reply but I've been away for the last week and ive had really bad Internet connections that were worse than dial-up speeds. The best way to experience the aircraft is to actually get in one and go for a fly. Depending on where you are located will depend on where I recommend you to visit an owner or dealer. We do have our own demonstrator available on the Gold Coast and to get the best feel for the aircraft it is really worthwhile visiting me and going for an evaluation flight. Regarding baggage, the Sting has two large baggage compartments behind the seats and also the turtle back area which can handle 26 kg of luggage. The 8 kg luggage referred to on some sections of the website is based around the maximum takeoff weight of the aircraft in Europe which is only 450 kg (limited by limitations with their regulations) the Sting however has been originally designed for 600 kg for the light sport aircraft market and can handle much heavier weights than mentioned in the 450 kg manual. You will need to download the LSA manual which will have all the correct weights for heavier markets. As always please come back to me for additional information and you are more than welcome to simply PM me for privacy etc