My New Plane :]

Guest OzChris

Guest Darren Masters
that thing does not look safe !!!!

Now I really miss my Thruster :frown: Beauty Chris! Trust me Robbo, they are safe. Engine failure and you can put her in any paddock safely. The outcome with any other light aircraft may not be so good.

Guest OzChris

Finally home...

I left ballarat at 330am Saturday, QF to Sydney then REX to Orange.

Left Orange in the Thruster at about 1pm (ish), 1st stop Cowra (thanks again for the help there Glenn!), then Temmora, Holbrook. Overnight at Holbrook in one of the clubs accomodation rooms. Bryan the President there ran me into town for fuel and something to eat (best hamburger ever!!), they hangared the a/c for me...great hospitality! Great people!!

Today I left at 7am from Holbrook, went on to Corowra, then on to a friends place (private strip) near Benalla, then on to Shepparton, Bendigo, and final leg to Ballarat...it was quite an emotional site seeing my home airport after such a long journey.

Overall the Thruster performed magnificently - I am very impressed!

I am going to go and get some well needed sleep now...

Guest Darren Masters

Well done Chris buddy. Glad you are home safe mate 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif You will enjoy your new toy. I will have to check it out when down that way next. Have that well-earned sleep. We expect a full trip report later 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif Again, congrats and well done.

Good to see you made it home safe and in one piece. Was great to finally meet you although we didn't get much time for a chat due to those microlighters having a chat and you had your mind on the journey ahead. I'm sure we'll make up for that some time down the track.

Enjoy your new bird. I hope she brings you much joy. Not sure about the no brakes though or the hand start 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

And one more thing. No problem with helping you out with those couple things too. I will do it anytime for anyone.

Happy flying

Guest Chainsaw

I am sooo impressed Chris. Well done mate. This is another example of what makes Australia such a great country.

So now were are expecting a detailed trip report lol

Guest OzChris

I have some problems with my camera!

I have just tried to download the pictures that I took on the trip, and it says there are no images saved to the memory card!!!

Thanks for taking and posting those images Glenn...

Chainy, I agree, what an awesome country we have where we have the freedom to fly around in a tiny little basic aircraft, enjoying the open country side and magic that only Australia can offer :D

Trip report coming soon....maybe minus the pictures...ggrrrrr

Guest Darren Masters

Yes, bummer about the pics Chris. Two things, she looks like she is in great condition and please invest in a helmet. They are not cheap but good for that kind of machine. It will serve a few purposes, drown some of the two-stroke noise from the headset and stop you getting cuts/bruises (or even worse) in the event of striking a fence or something like that. I know the Thruster is quite ok in the way of its design before something hits you in the cranium but...

Guest Chainsaw

Chris mate,

I know you will get this given what do you for a crust...

(I must not use a 'you' statement and I must use an 'I' statement.)

I am as jealous as all heck!!!!

;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...