IVO Props

Guest OzChris

Guest OzChris

I have installed on my Thruster an IVO 3 bladed ground adjustable prop...I couldn't be happier!

This is one easy prop to adjust!

Unlike the older style 'adjustable props' that needed blocks and lots of different adjustments to get it just right, the IVO have just ONE bolt that is loosened and then using a tool (like a screw driver) you can turn the all 3 blades at once to the desired pitch angle - no blocks or angles to work out. It literally takes seconds to adjust!

Here is a cross-cut picture from their site to show how it works:

The IVOPROP operates on a COMPLETELY NEW AND UNIQUE adjustable pitch system that allows for substantially less hardware and rotating mass than any other ground pitch adjustable prop. The unique pitch adjustment design operates on the principle of twisting the blades through the chrome-moly alloy steel torsional rod cast inside the blade. The outer end of the torsional rod is firmly anchored inside the outer blade section. The round torsional rod is capable of rotating inside the blade, except for the outer end. Adjust the pitch on the ground in a matter of seconds by turning the screw adjuster in the center of the prop. The super cams are installed on the end of the torsional rod. Each super cam fits into the groove in the screw adjuster. Turning the screw adjuster causes each cam to rotate and turn the torsional rod twisting the blade changing the prop pitch.

For other ultralight flyers I would highly recommend this prop - it comes as a ground adjustable or an inflight. A great prop! Certainly takes a lot of the guess work out...