Hi to all from Kris

Guest Kris

Hi to all,

Joined last week. Have been looking at this site for a while, thought I would join. I live in Port Augusta SA and have been flying a Tecnam for about 3 three years, which I hirer from the local flying school. I am looking to buy an A/C within the next year or so. At the moment can not make up my mine what type or brand.So any information from other members would be helpful. Hope this will start a new forum.

Cheers for now,

Kris

Guest Michael Coates

Best thing when choosing a new plane is to go and fly them all and find out which one suits your needs, requirements and abilities.

Then after finding out the price lower your needs, requirements and move on from there.

Welcome to the forums

Hi, Micheal, Glenn, Robbo,

I am trying to fly as many A/C as poss, cost is also important. Have read on other forums , jabs or good or not, tecnams are good but you can buy two jabs for the same price. I like the look of the skyfox, but it is a tail drager, I am only endorsed to fly trics.I also like the cheetah and the Zodiac 601, but don't what to spend the next 5 years building them, but price is very good on both. At the moment I am flying an Savannah with the local gliding club, so as you said Micheal try before you buy.

Kris

Guest g_i_jack029

Which ever one suits your mission....price comes second ;)

Welcome to The Aussie Aviator Kris, Friendliest Aviation forum around

Jack

Thanks guys, for your welcome, and also for your advise on choosing an A/C, I will be read other forums on this site, hoping to pick-up other ideas.

Kris

Guest Darren Masters

Hey Kris. Welcome to the forum mate 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif As others have said the aircraft that you will end up purchasing will be one that will have to suit exactly what you want to do. Depends on whether you want the freedom of open-air low and slow rag and tube type machines or a fully-enclosed faster aircraft that you can really get places with. Don't forget owning your own aircraft carries alot of overheads like hangarage, eg where are you going to keep it and how much will it cost to keep it there? Fuel, maintenance etc etc. I have often said if you only fly occasionally it is much cheaper to hire the schools aircraft. Yes, it may cost you a few hundred dollars for a few hours flight but...get the picture? Hope this helps mate. Again, welcome.

Thanks again for the good welcomes, I think the A/C for me at the moment, needs tobe fast, closed in and look like a real plane. As far as cost, between $40,000 -$60,000. Hangarage will be free with the Port Augusta Gliding Club, as other members will be able to use the A/C. Maintenace should also be low as we have a in house Lame. But not in a hurry lots of A/C on the market, will look around until i find the right machine.

Kris

Guest Michael Coates

Yep.... like everyone else... 140 knots, 15 lph, constant speed, retractable, air-conditioned, wing folding in 30 seconds, autopilot etc... $50K Just like everyone elses wish list (only problem is they dont exist) :biggrin: