Jabiru Engine 2200 Mechanical Problem Reporting

rick-p

Thanks for posting that content Camel, that second video was so interesting. Quite an eye opener in fact.

I found the CASA "waffle" unbelievable, which did precious little to inspire confidence in their rash decisions.

At a meeting like that, I would at least have expected them to be better informed to back the actions they took.

To my mind, they came across as totally incompetent.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had a 2200 in my CH701 since 2003 with 550 hrs now the only thing that has needed attention is soft compressions which has been addressed by fitting new rings and honing the cylinders out to the revised spec. I have replaced exhaust valves as precaution they were OK on inspection. I replaced the flywheel bolts per RAANZ tech data as well.

Many of the issues are design related and covered in AD (in NZ) or Jab bulletins such as AVDAL SR050 which was my problem. The engine suits my profile as its unlikely to wear out before me, theres also the overhaul life discussion going on and i'd be displeased if I had fitted a brand with a 12 year O/H life because at 550 hrs it would have to been pulled by now. luck of the draw I suppose, dont remember that being in the 'rules' when I changed from CASO19 to part 103......

There is lots of reading on this thread and other sites here - much of this wont apply to a late model gen3 engine though so take with grain of salt;

Yahoo! Groups

Jabiru Owners Group • Index page

http://home.online.no/~michel/Flywheel/

Contrails ! Jabiru flywheel bolts

JABIRU-ENGINE-400hours

http://www.jabiruworkshop.com/

JABIRU 2200 JABIRU 3300 Engineering Insights and Overhaul, Photo Walkthrough.

• Informative 1