Why is it SO QUIET on here lately?

Pricey

Guest Chainsaw

Hey mate :)

It has. I think it's the holiday season still, plus I have been really busy here on the farm, Glenn is busy with something he likes (ahem) etc etc. Just a combo of things. I was only thinking this evening, I hadnt seen you on here. Anyway, we are here!

Glenn is busy with something he likes (ahem) etc etc.

Clare just saw your post and said she's tallish, blonde and busty so of course Glenn is busy. She might let me up for air soon lol

Guest Darren Masters

It all comes down to silly season really. People doing various things other than sitting around in cyber-space. I personally have been doing alot of flying so have been quiet of late but yes, I am still alive. Good to see you all around 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Guest Michael Coates

Well, i have been busy with all sorts of things and today is the first real day on the computer (because it has been so hot 46.9 today in the workshop!) and now just catching up again... It's the season, we should all be out flying !

Guest Chainsaw

Hi John, yep Darren is right, the silly season does it. I think when it's warm people do get out and around. I'm not too worried at all, I just keep posting :)

Guest David C

It's not just this site which is quiet ... It appears that the "quiet bug " has affected most . It is the time of year ... Give it a couple of weeks , and all will be sweet again .001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Hi everyone, as im new here, having little trouble finding where and how to post, and my set up details, the site seems a little confusing to me ? are thier many members here from Perth, I ask as I have a SBS-1 Radar station and track all the High Flyers over Perth and WA within a 220 NM radius, there are up to 10 most days and nights, and some days we get none, I was posting all the flight details as they cross Perth YPPH and WA in another Forum, due to some squabbling between some members, Admin has closed the High Flyers section down, so is this group interested in a flight by flight postings of the Etihad, Air Austral, Emerites, Mauritus, Qatar and Qantas daily high flyers,, ie, height, speed, rego, time, type AC etc etc. if so, it needs to be a thread where i can keep editing and adding each flight as they come.

Look forward to a responce by Admin and any members

Guest Darren Masters

G'day John. Best place to post those types of things would be in 'Commercial movements/spotting' here:

[ame=http://theaussieaviator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71]Commercial Aviation (Movements, Spotting) - The Aussie Aviator.Net[/ame]

Guest Chainsaw

Hi John,

I and a number of others here are PlanePlotter mad. Just brilliant. I plan to get an SBS this year sometime. I love tracking planes so you are in the right place.

Hi John,I and a number of others here are PlanePlotter mad. Just brilliant. I plan to get an SBS this year sometime. I love tracking planes so you are in the right place.

Ok Chainsaw, I take it you are the Admin boss, may i suggest that in the commercial section as suggested by some one that you make me a High Flyers Sticky, there i can add each flight to one daily page etc, just had ETD 460 cross over south of YPPH, Air austral fl 772 due over shortly from Syd to Reunion Is.

many thanks

PS. Also as you mentioned you are getting a SBS-1 radar, I can let you know where to get the best deals, dont buy your cable from the same place as the SBS-1, its cheaper else where and best with 10 mtres cable with 8 mtre mast on roof, and out side antenea. john

John, if you create a thread there we can do the appropriate sticky for you 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Oh ok, just had an email from Glen to welcome me aboard and like the idea of the High Flyers. I will attemt to make a new thread for january High Flyers.

Ok "Darren" I have posted first HF flight details.

Guest Chainsaw

John,

Glenn is the forum owner, but we do have a few admins/mods to help.

I won't need a 8 metre mast as I am at 3,000 feet with no obstructions. I can see 50kms west so should be able to cover the western part of NSW fine and good coverage north and south of me too.

Too early to look at the gear, thats going to have to wait for a bit yet.

I also like the idea of your High Flyers Sticky :)

btw, everybody here is great and friendly. It is a very rare event that we have to 'moderate' anything.

Well Hello Everybody. I hope you missed me. How was everybodys Christmas/New Year? What did everyone do? I was commentating at Speedway for 6 nights between 26th Dec and 3rd of Jan. Plan to go out to Melbourne International Airport for some spotting either tomorrow or early Thirsday. I am going home for the weekend so another flight for your favorite Uncle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

First time on here in ages! Been to the north coast for Christmas/New Years and then for a short dip over to Buenos Ares luckily got a QF 747-400ER on the way there :)

Up to circuit training now in a C150 and all is going well. Looking to by a headset aswell.. anyone have any suggestions?