The daredevil pilots of Colombia

Guest Glenn

• 5 months later...
Pilots fly through storms over the jungle along one of the most perilous air routes in the world to deliver supplies.http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes/riskingitall/2011/05/201151112305049621.html

A great reminder for we in the Lucky Country; those people are as gutsy as our pioneering grandfathers. Oz has no monopoly on "she'll be right".

Is every thing dramatised and over accentuated these days? Look at some of the cable stuff and everything from flying in Alaska to reposessing cars has major drama and unspeakable (That's spoken of frequently) danger. If that little parcel isn't delivered then the companies folding, what about deliver it tomorrow? These cable "Entertainment" shows have a bit to answer for, having said that there is some nice footage of aircraft doing some pretty neat stuff. I think the dangerous side is being overplayed for the drama.

Is every thing dramatised and over accentuated these days? Look at some of the cable stuff and everything from flying in Alaska to reposessing cars has major drama and unspeakable (That's spoken of frequently) danger. If that little parcel isn't delivered then the companies folding, what about deliver it tomorrow? These cable "Entertainment" shows have a bit to answer for, having said that there is some nice footage of aircraft doing some pretty neat stuff. I think the dangerous side is being overplayed for the drama.

It's maybe worth your while turning the audio off then, and score the drama level as you see it, rather than hear it.

I was quite entertained by the sight of the 200 litre plastic drums of gasoline contained (if not overly well restrained ) in the Dak.

Good post Glenn - thanks. :)