Just kicked out of Rec Flying

David Isaac

Someone sent me an email tonight and mentioned slander unless I either lock the thread or make it not readable by guests. With the other forum software guests could only read the first post, I will be adding a mod here that does the same. I also edited the title of this thread and removed the persons name.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well - had brain fade at work today and dialed up the .com.au version of the address and lo and behold was redirected to the church of the half baked......, what gives with that grubby little trick?

Well, well - had brain fade at work today and dialed up the .com.au version of the address and lo and behold was redirected to the church of the half baked......, what gives with that grubby little trick?

Nothing a trademark claim lodged with auDA can't fix in a jiffy.

Nobody has said anything wrong. If someone has been kicked off a website run by "person x" or his wife for example, they are entitled to write it here. Obviously he is reading this and it's getting to him otherwise you wouldn't receive such emails. As Bas says the use of the word slander in this instance is so wrong it's a joke and obviously not someone with any idea about anything that has written that. He is just feeling threatened that this website is really starting to kick some goals and another website is dead.

I cant speak for the other blokes.But I can speak for me. I have been a member at both sites.Since 2009.This one longer than the other one. I come to web sites like this one to learn and enjoy and put in a imput where I can hopefully to help other people. Cheers

• Like 1

it's good to be a 'member' dazza....i will never be a 'follower'....

i reckon i have a contribution to make...i do not expect to be thrown out for disagreeing with the sites supreme controller..do not know what there 'mods' are excpected to do....

Guest Michael Coates

Just did a test.... this site has been here forever, well before the other site on this address.... http://www.theaussieaviator.net

But what happens when you type in the same domain with .net.au .com.au and just .com ?? All heads off to said "Church of the Narcissistic Tosser"

Said person did the same and poached Australian Flying website and lost in court, i think we should get the associated websites back for Glen.... i will put up $100 if that helps.

This really peeves me off.... said person also tried to get many of our domains around our business also then wanted thousands for me to buy them back.... told him to stick em.

Guest Michael Coates
do not know what there 'mods' are excpected to do....

Do you really think there are REAL mods out there or just a way of someone having fictitious friends to back him up ? WOW i am in a bad mood tonight !

it's good to be a 'member' dazza....i will never be a 'follower'....i reckon i have a contribution to make...i do not expect to be thrown out for disagreeing with the sites supreme controller..do not know what there 'mods' are excpected to do....

Hey Phil, Im not a follower either. Being kicked out for disagreeing.I dont agree with either. If people tow the line.We get no where.I have pissed off alot of people for calling a spade a spade.Alot of peeps left there because I say it how it is at times.Not flying but the maintenance side of things. I have never given my point of view to be liked.Never have, never will.

Nothing a trademark claim lodged with auDA can't fix in a jiffy.

Did ring up the trademark mob a few years ago. It was either $700 to register the name and I think they send out a letter to him informing of trademark breach. I had a good case because I have been using the name since 2005. Even if he was to register it, I could get it back for this reason.

Would need to ring them again as it was a long time ago

i think we should get the associated websites back for Glen.... i will put up $100 if that helps.

I just typed in theaussieaviator.net.au & yes went straight to "that other site". This is SO WRONG! It's one thing to have the registration, although I don't agree it is really, but it is another thing to use those site names to redirect traffic to another competing site. It must border on being criminal, well to me anyway.

I'll chuck in $100 as well MC.

Thanks Don. CFI - they do now! I wonder who owned them a short time ago?!!!! (you cam easily guess this)

In summary, one can only theorise that a certain site is being fattened up to sell; you don't work tirelessly on something like that for no financial gain. The more users the more it's worth so the more that leave it and less posts per week, you know what that means. Pprune recently sold for 1.5m pounds - just putting things into perspective.

So Glenn, have you had any more anonymous solicitor led offers to buy this website lately?

Consider my $100 invested should you choose to go ahead. Might be a small battle considering he owns the Pty Ltd company though.

Guest BlackRod
. . . Might be a small battle considering he owns the Pty Ltd company though.

Or does he? THE AUSSIE AVIATOR PTY. LTD (ACN133 144 546) was Registered on 08/09/2008 butDeregistered 30/01/2011

Glen, if you think it has value, you might consider at least registering the Business Name which dosen't cost much at all.

I would not have thought the word ETHICS was so hard to spell or comprehend. Apparently some believe all is fair in business.

I don't know why I am surprised but I am. I used to think I was a good judge of character but I have to admit I was taken in.

Edit: Just a bit of self moderation - removed words that were out of place in a happy place like TAA. A reminder to myself not to be dragged down but to rise above other people's unsavoury behaviour.