Just Kicked Off the Rec Flying Site

David Isaac

Hi guys,

Significant unrest going on at Rec Flying today.

I woke up this morning to find that I had been deleted along with every one of my posts. But I was not the only one deleted; Don Ramsey (Blackrod) our new NSW/ACT RA Aus Board member was also deleted. Neither of us have received any notification from the site owner as to why this has occurred. None of us have breached any Rec Flying site rules. Remember I said we were not banned, we were deleted!

Don and I would have been two of the biggest supporters of Rec Flying.

This is a sad turn of events.

This morning 1000s of posts have been deleted from the RF site, there would be at least 3,000 posts of mine and Dons combined. The entire thread that I started on the "First RA Aus Board meeting following the 2011 AGM" has been deleted. It is a purge of political material and more. The political side of that site was extremely valuable to all the members. Without the intense campaigning of the site owner and many individuals, the RA Aus members would still be in the same mushroom state. Because of the campaigning we have four new Board members, a new executive and a new President and a very positive path forward. This could not have happened if it was not for all the effort put in by everyone on the Rec Flying site.

I know there are potentially many of my previous Rec Flying friends on this forum so I decided to post here. I am told there were other casualties as well.

This activity has caused great offense to many and has been seen as a censorship on political debate ... time will tell. Some have chosen to leave because of this.

So here I am on this site now … .

David

Guest BlackRod
. . . Previously Don and I would have been two of RecFlying's biggest supporters.. . . I guess I am on this site now . . .

What he said above. Over 2,000 posts over two years, posts that were generally well received - all in the bin.

Shame really because I made a whole new group of good friends on RecFlying including David Isaac and I would like to keep up those friendships.

Thanks to Glen for providing a smart looking Forum for us all.

Guest Darren Masters

David, welcome. I too was on that 'other' forum several years ago before having moved to NZ. I too have put up with his (and indeed other members on that forum) antics and one day decided enough was enough. As I have mentioned several times in other threads here he (and his entourage) were lucky that I did not take any legal action when they spread vicious rumours about me that were totally untrue. My friends here at TAA stuck by me during that time and I have never looked back at 'the other site'. Crux of it is, can't be bothered by him and his garbage and all the politics that go with it. You won't find that here. I think the REC flying side of things are alive and well at TAA and I do hope you enjoy the friendly bunch that we are here 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

By the way, I've been a member several years here. Alot longer than I was a member at 'that' forum 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

He he, very pleased to see you both here, without blowing smoke up the proverbial, I consider you both very knowledgeable and passionate contributors!! I'm afraid my disillusionment across the road started a long time ago and only reason I've stuck it out is the members.

You'll find any number of familiar names and / or people here and I've found it a friendly corner of the www. I'm sure no-one wants to turn this into recflying mk2, but a little more activity and chatter wouldn't go amiss, so look forward to reading a lot more of your output.

Cheers Carl

Guys I've been lurking around here for quite some time having been disgruntled over there for a long time. I'd be really happy to see us get some flying chat & action happening here on a larger scale. I only stayed over there due to some of the great folk I came to know, of whom you guys are some. You probably will work out who I am. 1st prize - a flight in the left seat when we meet up somewhere!001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Spin you get the prize! Now all we have to do is cross paths.............

Bought another AC yesterday BTW. I'll break the news in a new thread soon.

Cheers

Dexter

Guest BlackRod
would be nice if we kept this thread off the topic of that other site

Glen,

That is an excellent suggestion. With the exception of this post you won't hear another word from me about "the other place" other than perhaps the occasional reference to one of the good friends we met over there.

I'll be very pleased to get back to the fun side of aviation and leave all the political stuff well behind.

G'day Dex, great to see you on here.

Thanks all for the welcome.

This seems to happen every couple of years... I agree with Glen... let's not discuss here.

People are able to make up there own minds about this stuff... Only the most fool hardy would fail to read between the lines in any online communication.

The most important lesson I guess is to remember that these sites are just like any shop you walk into... whether they generate a profit is irrelevant....except in the context of the owner having the final say...

So... let's talk about flying and get things moving.

would be nice if we kept this thread off the topic of that other site

Be happy to oblige Glen ..... what other site ...... jees I've forgotten already.:biggrin:

Thanks for making this site available ... BTW I keep getting logged off between posts and having to log back in to post ... what am I doing wrong I am running Firefox 3.6.23

David

This is all good stuff.I mean that.Having said that.This is TAA.I have been a member since 2009.I dont have many posts here well not as many as other sites.What i getting at is what happens on other sites doesnt concern me.There are over a thousand members here.I would realy like to here from them as well as my GOOD FRIENDS from other sites.Lets forget about the things in the past and Talk here.I mean everybody.Cheers guys.

Im probably kicked off as well.So be it.The gent who owns this site.Is a top bloke.IMO.We have too remember that there are guys here who have been here for along time.I dont wont anybody to stand on there toes.They contribute like anybody else.Cheersa guys

Thanks for the frank reply David.

PM me if you are keen for a chat. I have a lot to share with you!!!

I used to have trouble with that site so don't go there any more. CFIcare if you are interested in starting fresh, I'm all ears, I'm sick of reading about things I haven't done and having everyone else agree with it.