Bang!

turboplanner

Only came across to see what you were doing. Governing Bodies thread introduced today, so you just have to be patient.

wat a wank that is...say something 'contraversial'...it gone!

ever seen the titanic movie?....dont be a band member....

wat? this

The following error occurred:

You have been banned for the following reason: Attack on this site...if it is so bad then take a break. Your ban will be lifted on Oct 20, 2011.

or this

Watching the changes that have been emerging over the last six days...

I’m disgusted.

The site that i ‘religiously’ supported has been gutted!

The ‘mods’ have been told that for the last 2 years ...they haven’t done their job.

The members have been ‘drawn and quartered’ by the site owner...who took on the task of throwing out members that had made many valuable contributions over the years...

It’s a bit like being on a ‘religious’ praise site....”.if u aren’t ageeing...u aint participating...

Only ‘positive’ input is welcome”

....the ‘mods’ will hammer anyone that strays from the ‘happy’ path..

You have got to be kidding!

To the ‘mods’ i would say u are being conned...

To the (remaining) members...only rats die with the ship.

I now fly on the TAA website...

For those that remain here ...i wish u well and hope u don’t choke on your bibles.

If u want to know what s happening outside the ‘bible group’ in RAA...no point looking here...

Not so sure about that. The guy that gave you the Size 10 in the rear following your post got into a fight with a few of the young guys, and a very old guy, over Gazelles. That was one of the firiest threads I've seen for a while. Must have been a full moon.

Not so sure about that. The guy that gave you the Size 10 in the rear following your post got into a fight with a few of the young guys over Gazelles. That was one of the firiest threads I've seen for a while. Must have been a full moon.

feel free to copy the bs over here...i'm officially banned...shame that i officially left!

Guys this is TAA not another site but,I was going to comment on that thread there because a bloke there had it wrong.It was locked before I had a chance.The first carry through tube failed in 1998. Not 2005, or 2003 what he said. I know because I was there.My wife was in that plane 55-757.Brett L the instructor.The aircraft had over 2500 hours on her.The failure IMO was due to the a/c having been bent on more that one occasion.Repaired.The internal corrosion preventative was not replaced.Skyfoxes where filled with a mixture of linseed/fisholine oil.The carry though corroded from the inside out.It lived its live near the beach.What saved them that day was the support tubes carried the load.I had photos, but my ex took them with her.Brett did a amazing job, to land on the beach.One wing was bent back with a massive angle of incidence.He landed on Bribie with full aileron deflection to keep her level.The dude on that thread I think was confusing a Gazelle which had a tube failure in early 2000 something, which failed when he turned on final on approach.FWIW

You will have problems with any aircraft if you don't maintain it, and, for example, letting wooden aileron hinge mounts rot is probably not the fault of the aircraft design.

In RA we probably need some maintenance procedure guides for owners covering how to go about a detailed structural inspection, what to look for and how to fix it.

I'm sure there would be owners out the who just do normal preflight inspections and don't recognise the little tell tale signs like stains, or don't think to rip off the skin here and there, tighten engine bolts, get a torch and mirror and check for rubbing wiring etc.

A bit like the maintenance checklist for a dozer Dazza

One of the biggest challenges for RAA when pilots in RAA self maintain aircraft is getting the knowledge base up to know what to look for in terms of long term failure modes.

This is really the wrong thread to discuss this though. We could put this discussion in the right place and have some real productive discussions. How do I do that?

One of the biggest challenges for RAA when pilots in RAA self maintain aircraft is getting the knowledge base up to know what to look for in terms of long term failure modes.This is really the wrong thread to discuss this though. We could put this discussion in the right place and have some real productive discussions. How do I do that?

Maybe start a thread on L1/L2 maintenance.As you guys are aware of seeing photos on FB.The stuff I have found on aircraft just out of service.Does not give me alot of confidence. Some guys are not inspecting properly.

I better add, guys are trying to do the right thing.But sometimes the problems are, is that they dont realy know what to look for while carrying out inspections.

I never sang from the same hymn book page. When I did, it all went wrong for him.

I tip Turbo will be banned soon for posting on here.

I never sang from the same hymn book page. When I did, it all went wrong for him.Religion? Yes. The website is a church state, I read it on there when he wrote that massive email to CASA saying why the site does not bring the RA-Aus into disrepute with CASA.

I tip Turbo will be banned soon for posting on here.

Avi8tr, I'll look after my own banning status thanks.

I would have thought that getting thread locked after just a few days with another site owner might have caused a penny to drop.

Not so sure about that. The guy that gave you the Size 10 in the rear following your post got into a fight with a few of the young guys over Gazelles. That was one of the firiest threads I've seen for a while. Must have been a full moon.

Geez thanks turbo, don't get called young to much these days, and I although I had my posts removed from that discourse I really don't expect anything different from internet forums, I won't type anything I wouldn't say to a persons face whether good bad or ugly (the comment not the face ,although,,,,),but that not the way of the net. I'm not banned but don't really give a **** either way ,

cheers,,,I'm off to stare at the mooooon,,,,,,,,