CAO 95-10 Category Static Display, Demonstrations and Workshops at Temora 2012

Folks,

I am delighted to announce that at Temora 2012 there will be a special concentration on our Ultralight roots.

I have been asked to help coordinate a CAO 95-10 Statistic display, demonstration and workshops for Temora 2012.

Preliminary plans already have an area set aside beside the museum for static display and there are tentative plans to have an area of land nearby for the 95-10s to take off and fly into Temora as a demonstration of as many of the early and current 95-10 category aircraft we can muster.

Steve Bell tells me that Ron Wheeler (of Scout fame) is interested in helping, I will be approaching Steve Cohen and asking him to get involved. I know where there is a Lazzair, a Thruster Glass House and several others, I own a Frank Bailey designed Javelin which will be flyable at Temora and I am sure there will be Darts, Scouts and Winton versions many more will come out of the woodwork. The late Scott Winton's Facet Opel has also been rebuilt and I will try and bend Dean Winton's arm to see if he will display it at Temora some how, can't promise that though, what a machine that is, I remember when it flew.

Steve Bell has offered to dedicate his time to 95-10 workshops for this event.

This 95-10 category is the ultimate experimental category with virtually no restrictions other than max weight of 300 Kg and a maximum wing loading, you can have as many engines of any type you like as long as you meet the base criteria.

This category is the ultimate affordability category for any 16 year old kid to get involved in aviation.

So lets get behind this and support it.

Please come back to me with any information, names phone numbers and any assistance you are prepared to offer. Lets dO IT.

Natfly News

Hello Aviators,

The organisation for NatFly 2012 is in full swing. One of the activites planned is a focus on 95.10 aircraft (among other things to be announced shortly). So if you have a 95.10 you would like to display, fly, talk about, then contact DAvid Isaac who has put his hand up to look after you. Would love some input to the progam.

Steve Bell, RA-Aus techman plans to conduct a couple of forums focussed strickly on the 95.10s so plan to be a part of this.

Cheers, CAZZA

Re: Natfly News

Hello Aviators,The organisation for NatFly 2012 is in full swing. One of the activites planned is a focus on 95.10 aircraft (among other things to be announced shortly). So if you have a 95.10 you would like to display, fly, talk about, then contact DAvid Isaac who has put his hand up to look after you. Would love some input to the progam.

Steve Bell, RA-Aus techman plans to conduct a couple of forums focused strictly on the 95.10s so plan to be a part of this.

Cheers, CAZZA

Folks,

Please point people to this thread so we can get some early expressions of interest to start the planning process.

Guest Michael Coates

Hi Cazza and David, i think its a great idea to feature the 95.10's but would you consider expanding this to all the old Thrusters, drifters and X-Airs out there ?? They share similar engines and construction in may ways and would also benefit from the same lessons..... Michael

Hi Cazza and David, i think its a great idea to feature the 95.10's but would you consider expanding this to all the old Thrusters, drifters and X-Airs out there ?? They share similar engines and construction in may ways and would also benefit from the same lessons..... Michael

Absolutely Michael ... It was really intended to be Rag and Tube event with the 95-10 category as a special feature for low cost entry level. The main thrust will be Rag and Tube.

David, I will be happy to make the Glasshouse "Ghost" available for Natfly at Temora. Gives me a bit more of an incentive to get it back in the air sooner. In all honesty if I got a week of wet weather & have the new gaskets, hoses etc at the ready, I could knock it over.

Just have to work on the logistics of getting it there. I may need to take the Zephyr down (another story), but anyway plenty of time to plan but in the meantime count it in one way or the other.

Sounds like the Rag & Tube display should be a real hoot.

Cheers

Dexter

Guest Darren Masters
Thanks Darren Perfect, right where it belongs, now are you going to fly the Mirage over for Natfy ... LOL

Ha ha. Mate, how much annual leave do you think I get a year? ;)