Getting The Chop!

Spin

Guest Darren Masters

And there I was thinking about someone not wanting anymore children...:p Seriously though, I have seen some stupid things. Also, if you have a machine like mine that is pull-start please please watch your throttle setting before she fires.

I guess she just wasn't gonna make the cut with her walk down the runway...

Seriously though: Hopefully she comes out of this ok, horrible accident. I too cringe when I see people walking around a prop, regardless of if it's stopped or not... Sometimes for photo's with the plane and especially of videos of the plane with the engine running... I only was told the saying 'Treat the prop like it could be live' once by my instructor on my first lesson when he was showing me the walk around and I haven't forgotten it yet.

Guest DavidH10
... I only was told the saying 'Treat the prop like it could be live' once by my instructor on my first lesson when he was showing me the walk around and I haven't forgotten it yet.

Ditto.

Some other simple rules:-

• Stop the engine before allowing a pax to alight.

• In a "live prop area", visitors must be directly supervised at all times by aircrew or other qualified personnel, otherwise it is a no-go area.

The general public largely fail to assess the risks of being in close proximity to aircraft with running engines. Something proven by this unfortunate accident, however the pilot should have known better. As PIC, s/he is responsible for passenger safety.