Natfly 2012

metalman

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Michael Coates

No bobbers yet, I have one on order when we get an order for another one to share the shipping, GREAT plane and concept IMO

So is the Alpha basically a bare-bones 80 HP Virus SW without wing tanks? Or are there any other structural changes too?

I just love the concept of the thing. Hope it is a great success and some others will introduce more affordable "training" versions of their aircraft too. The Alpha and also aircraft like the Fk.9 prove that with an efficient airframe, the cheaper and bullet proof 80 HP Rotax is plenty of power.

• Like 1

Guest avi8tr

$150 MM. But you need to be a member. I believe it "might" be an intro rate though to get people interested in them.

Only 12 sleeps till Natfly,

thought I'd bump the thread up a bit, it looks like being a good one with the RV'ers coming as well as some flying displays (which were sadly missing at the first one I went to)

av8tr,,was chatting to someone today,,,seems the little cessnas aren't winning any hearts down your way, will have to come down and try one out and make up my own mind!

Guest avi8tr

So I've heard MM, so I've heard..... I'm yet to hear what the actual problem is with them though, what I've seen seems ok. I've heard from several sources that they are not happy with them. There are a few obvious things like weight saving, the floor is light-weight and has a no-step sign on it etc, but that shouldn't be affecting people's thoughts on the performance of the machine (people hiring are usually more concerned more with performance rather than quality of build). I'll let you know after sitting in it for a few hours straight!

Guest Michael Coates

avi8tr... how about a mini-test ! a page of facts would be nice when you have flown the plane. This would eliminate all those rumors... what I do find fascinating however is that after 12 months in the USA I cannot really find one single magazine test report on the aircraft ?? maybe I am not looking in the right places that seemed awfully bizarre to me!

Guest avi8tr

Let's tally up and see who is coming along....

Currently in:

Mat

Dexter

Glenn

Bas

JRMobile

Michael C

Avi8tr

Maybe:

Windsor68?

DJPacro?

Darren

There's a few other TAA members I know coming as well, they just don't post a lot or check in that often I guess. They include Blackrod, David Isaac & Powerin. Even Windor68's pilot in the Lightwing is a member here (but never posted)

Guest avi8tr

How about ol' mate Qwerty ? He usually rocks up and stops in my end of town on the way there and back.

How many of the Fox boys are coming along?

TC

BF

TW

JR

JS

?

TW usually scores a faster ride however I haven't had an update no his ride this year, perhaps a SuperCub if he's lucky.

Yeah... the only thing stopping myself and MM from being there will be weather... We will be out there somewhere on our way this time next week...

FINGERS CROSSED (everything crossed actually!!! Even my Nxts)

mmm,,, okay,,,

TC I think ,he did say he was going but I've got a new phone and lost all the contacts so I have to try and track him down.

BF

J? with the speed wing

and yeh TW has gone all upmarket according to the rest of the crew

I reckon the Eurofox will give the speed wing a good run, I did a few laps in it on sunday and they really are a top jigger !

the guys are talking about leaving on friday morn from YCEM if anyone wants to go up in a loose group, it'll be interesting with all the different cruise speeds!

Well my take on the weather forecasts (Weatherzone) is that it's looking better everyday. Wednesday when I intend to leave was looking iffy this end but is now shaping up pretty good. I'll take a raincoat though just in case. Glad I have a big baggage area.

just heard from a friend (non flyer) in Narrandera & he said he heard on the local radio the other day that it's been confirmed Natfly will remain at Temora for another 3 years at least.

I've tried this before and couldn't find anyone, I'm going to give Dex a visit, but not sure how to get everyone in one place at one time , I'll be camping next to a white Eurofox taildragger #7772 and hope to be partaking a couple of whiskeys late in the day(for medicinal purposes of course), so if your wandering past do stop!

• Like 1

I'll be camping next to a white Eurofox taildragger #7772 and hope to be partaking a couple of whiskeys late in the day(for medicinal purposes of course), so if your wandering past do stop!

Who's going to be a popular boy then........

With so much happening during the day(s) it is always hard to get a gathering organised. I'm happy to "register" TAA members at our stand & assist in a general meeting place which may be best in to the evenings of Thursday or more likely Friday. Bas & Michael Coates may have suggestions too as they are operating stands as well as we all know. In all probability a gathering in the Aero Club Hangar or around Metalman's ride might be the go.