Cameras Available For Up Close And Personal Filming.

sixtiesrelic

Me to :( ..............Siz and Six.......I/we need to get a 10 year old to sort all our uploading dilemas :eek: I've got heaps of piccies to show..............help.........or I keep hitting the wrong buttons in frustration :mad:..............Alley

Try 2

I don't particularly want the album open to just anybody. They can make changes if they feel inclined.

If you're interested, Message me and i'll put it in a conversation.

I have used three 'Mini Spy Cameras' attached to bits of the aeroplane with Blu Tack, which I aimed them on and covered them with masking tape to stop them blowing off. They are tiny and weigh only grams.

It is the ultimate method to get the up close and personal images we'd like to get.

So far I have been able to have a camera in the aeroplane set on a suctin cup and I've been on the ground with another camera. This opened the option of getting four cameras taking movies at once then edit them to make one circuit interesting like tthe pros do utilizing multiple 'takes'.

We usually don't have the option of multiple takes.

• Like 1

Pretty technical stuff with the picture-in-picture Sixties ... I think you've been hiding your computer talents beneath a digital bushel!

Lovely sound editing too, as in the fade out for the landing (or did it just happen that way?).

And where was the strip, BTW...?

Did that bloke have a ponytail and nice eyes or was it a......................................girl? Fancy letting a girl fly a Tiger :D Interesting starting from the front, most start Tigers from behind the prop and beside the fuse. Lovely machine, open cockpit flying (Or no cockpit like ultralights) gives a whole new perspective, very enjoyable. Didja go for a burn in the Tiger Den?

Boy you two were on the ball. That clip was here for only a few seconds.

Been at movie making and editing for a long time. Self taught, watch the national geographic channel to get ideas... never done a course.

I like the picture in picture thing. That triple one wasn't what I really liked ... first try at it.

Well! when the girl's ya wife I guess she can fly the aeroplane.

I knocked back the ride as I wanted to get footage from the ground as well as the spycams.

I was getting one the next day (with re-charged and empty spycams in slightly different places ... the one on the flying wire higher, so we could see over the airframe more and the one tucked behind the front windscreen up on a verticle strut so you didn't just get my helmeted and goggled head making up most of the picture.

I put a running camera in the cockpit of a Tiger out of airflow noise to get a continuous sound track of the engine noise.

I have ordered another four spycams ... (better video resolution) so I can use them for even more angles.

I found the flat small ones fit inside your earphones to get radio calls that can go in the movie when you see the pilot talking, but can't hear for the engine noise.

Alley use the button as in this screen grab below to upload pictures & other file types. You will be given a list of acceptable file types when the new window opens. Just find your file(s) on your PC & Press Open Button. Then you need to tell it to display as a Thumbnail or Full Image (which is what I used for the Screen Grab)

Siz, for movies you first need to upload your videos to something like Dailymotion; Facebook; Liveleak; Metacafe;Vimeo; YouTube; Using the Film Strip button at the top of the post section. These are the acceptable links. You can't just load a video in the same manner as a picture upload.

Hope this helps..........

[ATTACH=full]1291[/ATTACH]

24314381_LoadPics.thumb.jpg.28440f3341f80e14cd9848cd9c2e3595.jpg

Hi Sixties,

Maybe the problem had something to do with Photobucket. I had not used the site before, but after seeing the error message on your clip, I signed up last night and added a very short clip of my own - totally unedited - as it came out of the camera. I got the same message. This morning, without any change, it played. My clip is a loop by the Alenia C-27J Spartan. Here is the link:

http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii567/houghred750/?action=view&current=SpartanLoop.mp4

Hi Sixties,

Maybe the problem had something to do with Photobucket. I had not used the site before, but after seeing the error message on your clip, I signed up last night and added a very short clip of my own - totally unedited - as it came out of the camera. I got the same message. This morning, without any change, it played. My clip is a loop by the Alenia C-27J Spartan. Here is the link:

http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii567/houghred750/?action=view&current=SpartanLoop.mp4

(Edit: Sorry about the duplication - I got a message saying 'the server did not respond in time, try again'.)

When I click on the link in my post above, the clip plays immediately.

I copied the link in an email to a friend to check for me. He copied the link into his browser address bar and described the content of the clip, which I had not advised him, so apparently it will work, though you may have to copy it into your address bar.

Hi Sixties,Maybe the problem had something to do with Photobucket. I had not used the site before, but after seeing the error message on your clip, I signed up last night and added a very short clip of my own - totally unedited - as it came out of the camera. I got the same message. This morning, without any change, it played. My clip is a loop by the Alenia C-27J Spartan. Here is the link:

Amazing loop, Peter, had no trouble viewing it. I wonder whether it's something to do with the version of flash required. I've had problems before with video on sites telling me I need a newer version of flash & the next day it plays perfectly without any updating. Hard to figure out sometimes.

Cheers, Willie.

Yes Willy, it's the version of flash in the computer.

All I get on the home computer is the photobuck. page with the clip missing.

Tried cut and paste on the laptop and voila... picture ready to run.

These are the micro cameras I am talking about.

• Like 1

Guest ozzie

I like to use my Go Pro. great little camera. Do you go to luskintyre often. I am there most saturdays. Only ten minutes from home.

Ozzie

I'm using that term, because someone said I'm probably flagged for all my searches on the term they are called on Ebay.

Bit like when I came back from a holiday in Indonesia as a sixty something year old, without my wife.

Customs pinged me and needed to see what I had in my cameras, seeing as I fit the description of 'one of them'.

These micros can be stuck to a guide post to get a sequence of your car driving by in interesting country. Much easier than setting up your camcorder on a tripod out in the sticks, then turning around to drive back over the rise, turn round again and drive towards and past your camera. Some cow might pinch it as it is so easy to see, whereas a tiny camera is unspottable and if it was pinched it's a case of, "Oh Buggger that's twenty bucks down the drain..

• Like 1