Can anyone please tell me how CASA can be so consistently incompetent???

ben87r

I rang CASA today to ask where my SPL ASIC were that i had sent through to them at the beginning of DEC to be told that the BOTH applications had been returned because there was a page missing from the SPL (which i know there wasn't) . The D!@(HEADS sent it to an address from 6 years ago (had it down as my postal address but had updated everything else) so i had no idea it hadn't gone through. Then, when i told the girl i needed it done in 10 days now! She said that i can have the SPL in that time but said that the ASIC application that they stopped even tho there wasn't anything wrong with it would take at least 4-6 weeks!!!!!!! BAH! I nearly got on a plane and went straight down there to murder her!! now im stuffed and don't know what to do!

Everything that they have ever done for me they have stuffed up! Or caused me hassle, over it

Starting a full time CPL course from the 28th! not impressed

Guest Howard Hughes

My last three ASIC's have come from CASA in about two to three weeks, but I think an initial may take a little longer. My suggestion would be to forward what they want via registered, or express mail, so you know when they receive it, then contact them every couple of days until you get satisfaction.

It seems to me that CASA probably use a lot of casual/temporary staff in their clerical roles and often they don't seem to care.

Guest Howard Hughes

To be fair to CASA, the ASIC cards are handled by an outside provider, not by CASA themselves. However perhaps there need to be more oversight. From what I hear the exam system is in a similar state.

I agree HH but, it was CASA who returned the complete ASIC to the wrong address. I don't see why a complete ASIC application would be returned. The address wasn't even my last address, it was a few ago

• 1 year later...

CASA may have an outside provider, but when I rang up the outside provider it was answered by a woman who said she was CASA. She explained that the same people did the work, but it was supposed to be separate. Sleight of hand?

• Informative 1

Ben

I use aviation security ID (www.securityid.com.au ) guy to talk to is Les Walters, I live in Queensland and they are in WA I got my last one in 4 days, also less expensive than CASA. The first one I got I cancelled the application with CASA and received the one from these guys in 7 days.

Les Walters

Director

M 0428 4848 01

Airport Security Pty Ltd / Security ID

ABN 87 100 017 212

In Australia Tel. 1300 00 2742 for ID Cards

International +61 428 4848 01

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Informative 2

The real problem is that this is CASA and the ASIC card has absolutely nothing to do with safety so fails to meet their modus operandi. This means they don't care & just chuck the application to anyone who isn't already busy with SAFETY issues. Generally on the scale of priority this rates at around 10,000,000,000,000 where 1 is the top..

I did a blood donation and was promptly sent a bright red plastic ID card by mail. Admittedly the application form was lengthy and intrusive (questions about ah... partiality to gay anal sex etc) but hey the process was painless and the card was free. 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

With CASA you have to pay and then wait plus they have no interest in your preferences - if they feel like it they will service you. A painful process that just leaves you feeling sore.

• Helpful 1

My old and only ASIC card has no dates on it .does this mean it lasts forever ?

Should have the month and year on the front! If not, then that's a keeper! Would be interesting on a ramp check.

CASA may have an outside provider, but when I rang up the outside provider it was answered by a woman who said she was CASA. She explained that the same people did the work, but it was supposed to be separate. Sleight of hand?

Ahh yes, that's how they justify what they charge for those things.

The paperwork associated with the ASIC is very low. The major cost is for the spooks to dig into your past past to discover if you are an improper or unfit person to hold a security clearance. I don't know if the checks are done by ASIO, AFP, the state police or some worthy private enterprise crowd.

To answer the thread starter relating to consistency, They have stated they will maintain the same standard regardless of changing factors. It's part of their quality assurance. That should be comforting. Nev..

The paperwork associated with the ASIC is very low. The major cost is for the spooks to dig into your past past to discover if you are an improper or unfit person to hold a security clearance. I don't know if the checks are done by ASIO, AFP, the state police or some worthy private enterprise crowd.

Chances are the checks are done by the same CASA receptionist who represents the other `outside' providers. Why share the spoils?

rgmwa

If the major cost is for the spooks to dig into your pst, why is this s recurring cost every 2 years. I would have thought that once you are in their system, they would be monitoring all court cases, police files etc and if your name popped up, they could act. As it stands we have to advise them if we get convicted. I really can't see a terrorist doing that.

• Agree 1

If the major cost is for the spooks to dig into your pst, why is this s recurring cost every 2 years. I would have thought that once you are in their system, they would be monitoring all court cases, police files etc and if your name popped up, they could act. As it stands we have to advise them if we get convicted. I really can't see a terrorist doing that.

The spooks need to be fed on a continuous basis. Inside every decent law abiding citizen is an evil graffitist dying to break out and paint the town red. In the view of some of our lawmakers and keepers society broke down the minute the doctrine of "innocent til proven guilty" entered the law of the land. Be warned, Big Brother actually does hate you.

To answer the thread starter relating to consistency, They have stated they will maintain the same standard regardless of changing factors. It's part of their quality assurance. That should be comforting. Nev..

So what are the improvements to their service if any?

Maybe I missed that bit.