Has anyone done a lolly drop before?

rdarby

Farri I know you are joking but that is not a good attitude as if something goes wrong or I get caught, it is me in the court and losing my flying privileges. And the next person who applies for a dispensation has a hard time of it because I ruined it for all.

No one stops me flying a night equipped SportStar at night either, but I don't do it as I'm RAAus.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rd - forgiveness might be easier to obtain than permission ...................... however I suspect this is not the case for CASA

an option could be a local aerial ag operator ......... if you have one handy - hose the hopper out ........................... they'd probably not flinch an eye in performing the drop (a small cash donation to avoid the ATO would n't hurt either) (don't worry to much about the herb and insecticides - we are probably all breathing it in anyway)

or .................. you might have to hire a big cherry picker / find a car or pedestrian bridge / (cheaper) and lolly drop from there

or put a cannon (field gun type arrangement) down one end of the field and use the lollies as shrapnel (you could get on the front page with that one - great advertising and it could be the start of new, unique business). that will keep the aforesaid ATO happy as well

anyway good luck and please tell us what you did

I don't think aviation is the type of place to be asking for forgiveness, as if it goes wrong, you die.

Anyway the cost of getting the permission is too high, so we have cancelled the whole thing. At least my involvement, I have no idea what the Xmas party organisers will do for plan B.

I don't think aviation is the type of place to be asking for forgiveness, as if it goes wrong, you die..

Lighten up rdarby! No one is sugesting you do anything illegal.

Frank.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

A good friend of mine was killed while competing in a flour bombing contest at a flyin in the mid 80's. He was flying a low wing, open cockpit single seater and was seen to be looking backwards while throwing the flour bomb. He few into a tree ... took a wing off. Be careful during any low level activity when it is possible to be distracted.

A good friend of mine was killed while competing in a flour bombing contest at a flyin in the mid 80's. He was flying a low wing, open cockpit single seater and was seen to be looking backwards while throwing the flour bomb. He few into a tree ... took a wing off. Be careful during any low level activity when it is possible to be distracted.

Our comps are done at 500agl minimum(except for the spot landing part, your allowed to go lower for that bit),,,anything below that is instant disqualification! doesn't make it easy but it is safe!

Matty