Testing altimeter and ASI

pmccarthy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking at Manometers on eBay, has anyone bought an electronic manometer and are there any suggestions, I know I can make a simple water one.

If you have an electronic manometer you have to have it calibrated periodically. If you use a water one calibration is not required.

If you have an electronic manometer you have to have it calibrated periodically. If you use a water one calibration is not required.

Can be calibrated with a water test.

I thought that RAD47 was required for any transponder. Not just those entering controlled airspace. Am I correct?

Yes you are correct Yenn. This "only for CTA" is an urban myth, pure B.S., sometimes spruiked by LAME's on a maint release. Where do they get it? It's not in AD/RAD/47 or CAO 100.5. The AD and the CAO are for all transponders, as you say Yenn, and that's where it ends. But, I'm happy to be proven wrong readers, just quote me the relevant regulation paragraph and we'll shake on it.

Interestingly, regular instrument testing is only required for IFR aircraft in USA. VFR's don't require it.

• Like 1

CamelPM me with your email address and I can email you the instructions on how to build one.

I have it in a .doc file and am not sure how to post it here.

Simply attach it as you would an image ie write out your post and then click the Upload a File button, select the doc file and that's it. This will allow you to help everyone on the site instead of just one

Try it out

Read FAR 91.413. Even VFR requires a transponder check in the USA.

Yes, correct there, thanks for that. I was more thinking of the other flight instruments, only IFR in USA need them checked, as detailed in the FARs.