Bending brake

keith.b

Hmm, bit confused as to why someone thought that was funny.

Any sheet metal fabricator will have a bending brake that'll handle 2.2m easy. Just today I visited my local sheet metal worker to do the 21 degree bend on the lower trailing edge skin.

Hmm, bit confused as to why someone thought that was funny.Any sheet metal fabricator will have a bending brake that'll handle 2.2m easy. Just today I visited my local sheet metal worker to do the 21 degree bend on the lower trailing edge skin.

Thanks for that, that was my first thought too, but none of the sheet metal fab places near me are open on weekends ... Not able to get time during the week.. But I'm still looking...

From last time we spoke, I've scratch built the rudder, and am now starting on the horizontal stabilizer..

Regards Keith.

Be careful with sheet metal workers, their working with steel does not require the same bend radius to prevent cracking that aluminium does. Check that they can get the radius you need.

Be careful with sheet metal workers, their working with steel does not require the same bend radius to prevent cracking that aluminium does. Check that they can get the radius you need.

Thanks for the feed back... Good point, specially as these are spars...

Will check before I get any bends done..

Regards Keith