New Sav S completed

Flyinglion2000

• 2 weeks later...

Ok first flight held Saturday. After another complete pre-flight we taxied out and after suitable radio calls barrelled down the runway and lifted off successfully. Everything working as it should except noticed the ASI was under reading and only ever slow slowly increasing to what could be reckoned as the correct IAS.

Slowed her down and sure enough the ASI was lagging again and over reading.

After some circuits touched down and scratched the brain about the ASI fault. Took a look under the dash and felt the tube leading into the back of the ASI from the pitot was kinked at right angles - oops. This probably came about from taking the dash out twice to check wiring on the fuel reserve warning light circuit.

Anyway straightened it out, sleeved the affected area and reconnected all up.

Second flight worked perfectly !

All up it took four months to build.

Performs very nicely - running a 3 blade Bolly 66" prop which pulls it along very nicely.

image.jpg.3e903ecda7cd6d3d86fe159e63b5c852.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

G'day

I'm based out at Tara atm. But as soon as 25 hours is up I will be moving around a fair bit to get plenty if time and experience in it.

Well I'm not an expert but the docs I got with blade say that true diameter is 66" but the serial number has a 68 in it. I have read in other posts that some manufacturers (or just Bolly) knock 2" off the diameter - not sure for what reason though.

I will run a tape over it to see what the diameter is.

Hopefully see you on the skies around SEQ one day soon.

Cheers

You will be able to drop over and see Steve...not that far away really. I will be out that way as soon as I get mine back into the air....got to fly out to Steve's place and harass him. Hope to have her ready for paint by the new year so a week or two into the new year she should be back in the air.

G'dayI'm based out at Tara atm. But as soon as 25 hours is up I will be moving around a fair bit to get plenty if time and experience in it.

Well I'm not an expert but the docs I got with blade say that true diameter is 66" but the serial number has a 68 in it. I have read in other posts that some manufacturers (or just Bolly) knock 2" off the diameter - not sure for what reason though.

I will run a tape over it to see what the diameter is.

Hopefully see you on the skies around SEQ one day soon.

Cheers

You know my number if you need someone to hold the maps!! 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Congratulations Flyinglion, hopefully we will see your bird up at Old Station at Raglan next time, lined up with all the rest of them!........I lost count last year. Hey four months ain't bad...you should be proud...............Maj....024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif