Tell us about your last flight

Admin

I have photos of 2016 sunrise from 4500ft over Lake Somerset, but don't know how to post them here????JG

66789932_RecFlyingscreenprints.jpg.bf04cee31edafa0bb8e26614c1ec14c3.jpg

(Sorry, didn't see next page.)

Maybe I should point out that it wasn't really as dark down on the ground as it looks in the photo. The camera set the exposure on the bright sky....

I took off at exactly 0432 EST, legal first light at Kilcoy this morning.

JG

• Like 2

I had my first flight in a Jabiru yesterday evening. Took off at 19:15 and landed an hour later.

It was a calm evening flying over beautiful bush. A super little aeroplane - I thoroughly enjoyed it, though it's a shame the controls are Teleflex cable rather than pushrod & torque tube. Also that CASA (at least at senior personnel level) have such a downer on the engine, but I don't want to start that argument again - 'nuff said. . . 070_sleep.gif.1c8d367a0c12958f2106584470af404d.gif

I loved the little Jab.

Bruce

• Like 3

Nice pics JG. I passed over there this morning on the way home from Warwick. Never seen the airspace so quiet, only traffic I heard was a few commercial flights on BNE centre. The plane I was flying has Traffic Information Service, and not so much as a peep out of it today either.

1st Jan 2016, Early morning Crescent Head NSW, 3 horses on beach , me in the sky with a friend, perfect weather, no handover, going to be a great year, all the best for a new year.

image.jpeg.9186a1d0e8a2ffd31350ce22b9496032.jpeg

• Like 1

1st Jan 2016, Early morning Crescent Head NSW, 3 horses on beach , me in the sky with a friend, perfect weather, no handover, going to be a great year, all the best for a new year.[ATTACH=full]40451[/ATTACH]

That was my niece and her friends....its not often we get an aerial and land based view of the same events in here...horse.jpg.b69e636eaa2aa366904b4b665626c0a3.jpg ...

• Like 2

Myself and a mate decided to have a closer look at the interesting skies over Tocumwal yesterday.

Jumped into the 2 seater IS28, got as high as 5000' with flight duration just shy of 2 hours. Interesting flight.

Photos taken with a gopro

GOPR1451.JPG.0499559231420f572d5a70968c177367.JPG

GOPR1450.JPG.f29be68b9879a611e1db1a9eb6f0b4bd.JPG

My first flight of 2016. I did more solo circuits this morning at YBCM (Coominya), inching my way closer to my RPC. I got a GoPro for xmas but forgot to bring today.... sorry!

The weather looked like it was going to be ordinary, I was kind of expecting to hear from my instructor that todays lesson would be cancelled, but it was perfect weather, the clouds stayed well above circuit height and the wind was calm at aerodrome level. I was kinda hoping to have a slight x-wind, I need more practice with them, but no problem, I know I lucked out today.

• Like 1

Kyneton to Echuca yesterday. Photo at 2.30pm. We got 30mm. neighbour got 60mm. next neighbour got nothing.[ATTACH=full]40516[/ATTACH]

What's that strange glowing light coming from what appear to be holes in the clouds?

I hate living in the UK 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

• Haha 2

My first flight of 2016. I did more solo circuits this morning at YBCM (Coominya), inching my way closer to my RPC. I got a GoPro for xmas but forgot to bring today.... sorry!The weather looked like it was going to be ordinary, I was kind of expecting to hear from my instructor that todays lesson would be cancelled, but it was perfect weather, the clouds stayed well above circuit height and the wind was calm at aerodrome level. I was kinda hoping to have a slight x-wind, I need more practice with them, but no problem, I know I lucked out today.

Hi Nightmare, I fly out of YBCM. I usually hire the "Green" one. I might see you out there one day! I have a couple of go pros, they are great to review your flight.

Hi Nightmare, I fly out of YBCM. I usually hire the "Green" one. I might see you out there one day! I have a couple of go pros, they are great to review your flight.

Were you flying on the 21st Dec? I saw someone doing a preflight on the 3041 when we got back. I was helping John refuel. That was a good flight, we did a departure to Watts Bridge and back.... It was nice to get out of the circuit area, and see a different part of the world 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Tony

Were you flying on the 21st Dec? I saw someone doing a preflight on the 3041 when we got back. I was helping John refuel. That was a good flight, we did a departure to Watts Bridge and back.... It was nice to get out of the circuit area, and see a different part of the world 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gifTony

No not me I was at work 071_yawn.gif.43c7f5f86675fec124ffe33bd2e896f0.gif

I like the green one, I did my first solo in that plane. That extra blade on the prop gives it so much better climb performance, doesn't it?

Yes better climb performance but have you noticed the drag on final - very high.

Yes better climb performance but have you noticed the drag on final - very high.

No, I must've missed the man in women's clothes, too busy landing the plane.... But seriously, no I haven't noticed, but then again, with that extra blade it would cause more drag. I'm guessing even the cruise speed could be slightly lower as well

They might do David, these 2 aircraft are identical except for the props, so it is very clear what the difference one blade makes. Hey have you got your certificate yet? I'd recon you'd be very close if you haven't, and how's your new Sportstar going?. 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

They might do David, these 2 aircraft are identical except for the props, so it is very clear what the difference one blade makes. Hey have you got your certificate yet? I'd recon you'd be very close if you haven't, and how's your new Sportstar going?. 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

Sportstar is going great, you know it is funny even though I now own my own plane I still am finding the time to fly it hard, I wish I could retire..anyhow yes my training is ongoing, I have another lesson tomorrow so I hope the weather is good..

So is the 2 bladed propped aircraft faster than the 3 bladed one?

David

Sportstar is going great, you know it is funny even though I now own my own plane I still am finding the time to fly it hard, I wish I could retire..anyhow yes my training is ongoing, I have another lesson tomorrow so I hope the weather is good..So is the 2 bladed propped aircraft faster than the 3 bladed one?

David

On takeoff, the 3 blade has better climbing performance, but as magishme said, it also creates a little more drag. He noticed it on final, I didn't think it's a problem, I like a nice slow approach. I think it would have an effect of your cruise speed too, but I haven't noticed any difference.

Have you flown solo yet? And how are you going with the exams? I've just got Human Factors left to pass.... it's like being back at school isn't it?

The forecast looks good for tomorrow, 20% chance of rain, E - SE winds form 5 to 10kn. Looks like some nice circuits from RWY07, but you know how that can change with the blink of an eye bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

Tony

Sportstar is going great, you know it is funny even though I now own my own plane I still am finding the time to fly it hard, I wish I could retire..

You know, I think that when you get your certificate, you'll have heaps of time to fly, before and after work..... not to mention all those business trips that you can organise when you get your x-country endorsement