Tell us about your last flight

Admin

I'd be giving her a severe talking-to about lack of attention to task!

Tell me about it lol normally she is a good navigator and it wasn't until I was over quipolly dam that I realised she wasn't guiding me 070_sleep.gif.1c8d367a0c12958f2106584470af404d.gif no wonder it took so long to do the 3 miles:wink:

• Like 2

Guest Maj Millard

Wife and I were flying around in rented C172s when daughter was born. She promptly went into a baby cradle on the back seat and always went to sleep right after take off, which I took as good. Don't know wether I was the high-G dive pull outs or the inverted flat spins that did it !............Maj....

• 4 weeks later...

Done a small nav with my 7 yo son Seth. He has been asking non stop to go flying but held off untill the new 582 was run in and tested. With 6.8 hrs done I took him for a fly. His first request " dad can I pretend we got blown up by an airship and we're crashing?" ( he LOVES LOVES LOVES the intercom!lol) so with an ear full of explosion noises and screaming I headed over to his school , then out to lake alexandriena , Brooklands park, then back home. It was his first full hr . The only ear rest I got was when other radio calls over powered his singing ! Gotta love him.. He gave it a big thumbs up. :)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I

Done a small nav with my 7 yo son Seth. He has been asking non stop to go flying but held off untill the new 582 was run in and tested. With 6.8 hrs done I took him for a fly. His first request " dad can I pretend we got blown up by an airship and we're crashing?" ( he LOVES LOVES LOVES the intercom!lol) so with an ear full of explosion noises and screaming I headed over to his school , then out to lake alexandriena , Brooklands park, then back home. It was his first full hr . The only ear rest I got was when other radio calls over powered his singing ! Gotta love him.. He gave it a big thumbs up. :)

When I get a chance I will upload the video.. He is louder than the engine!

• Like 1

On Monday, on the only day with good weather for many days before and since, took a mate for his first fly around Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and the lower Hunter Valley. The air was smooth as silk and pax was delighted. Only thing to spoil the party was landing back at YCNK which I would have given it a generous 5 out of 10. Nothing broken :cheezy grin:but if it had been any worse it could have been exciting. Of course, there must have been a freak gust of wind just before touchdown, just like in all the incident reports you read.

690740531_NobbysandFtScratchley.jpg.479550292b7e68fc39d6275e47a501e5.jpg

1513059647_HunterValley.jpg.aa845161ab2b50a489cf8844bc02aab7.jpg

• Like 1

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

Only 19 nm from home I found a nice strip and sitting along side some sheds I spotted this. A person was waiving so I landed.. Turns out the owner/ pilot/ restorer. Started his flying carrer in lightwing NUMBER 2. He now has 2 Cessna 3?? Twin boom engine at front and back... Yacked for an hr and have been invited back to show off my nieuport

image.jpg.2ff27ce6d60901fe832de14c252f8806.jpg

• Like 5

...was landing back at YCNK which I would have given it a generous 5 out of 10. Nothing broken :cheezy grin:but if it had been any worse it could have been exciting. Of course, there must have been a freak gust of wind just before touchdown, just like in all the incident reports you read.

I have proven the old saying, Don: the quality of the landing is inversely proportional to the size of the audience.

Last landing at Cessnock I copped a bit of extra side wind opposite the gap in the trees half way down the strip. Pushed me off the tarmac, so I gave it a handful and went around. Must add some more area to the rudder.

• Like 1

Murgon Breakfast this morning, just keeps getting bigger, approx 20 planes of all varieties with some new additions.Great entrance by 2 Yaks.

Photos say it all.

With my trip to Murgon this weekend, I've reached a milestone, I've clocked up 100 hours on my Drifter ( Death Machine photographed by Graham), since it's rebuild and rego last October. This is a big deal for me, as for the best part of ten years, due to financial constraints, my only flying was a BFR every two years. I now have 2 1/2 pages of log book entries just for this year so far.

• Like 3

Redcliffe Aero Club 45th Birthday Celebration Day. Perfect Conditions and nice selection of Aircraft, including new Cirrus and Cessna 150 replacement, not to mention good old favourites.

Great way to share the day with friends.

image.jpg.ef70eeda43714c10a649d9827f3d8aa2.jpg

image.jpg.c549d1ba35f5da89447841cbdc584271.jpg

image.jpg.26cd7874beba18c29f119f57a3b886bb.jpg

image.jpg.706c13b405d3967e6988e62927c99638.jpg

image.jpg.e3982012776d4da93b6db09c989a57dc.jpg

image.jpg.d82631ffba90a80c7b1aac68fe251d9f.jpg

image.jpg.31a5bc572907d86610b96faff98e634a.jpg

image.jpg.0b5f6a85178f52810c17936ac1b8541c.jpg

image.jpg.58d2a9d04f47d3a6b0a67afb1173788c.jpg

image.jpg.63a967faa1005382b3fd9fa984cb61c3.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah well I took the girlfriend out for a dance this morning...I had 3 feet I am sure...I flew like a dog...cant believe how much I did not enjoy the flight. The air was the roughest I have felt for a long time I was being pushed all over the place. She climbed like a homesick angel on takeoff there was so much lift around today. She would not come out of the sky either I was so high on final it was ridiculous so ended up doing this huge side slip to get down and the landing was not one of my best either. Was not happy at all with my performance today. I will go out later this week really early so not so much heat in the day and get stuck into some circuits. I hope others have days like these so I do not feel on my lonesome...its unusual for me to fly like that

Mark

• Like 2